PDA

View Full Version : Nice chocolate and a 1 for a young hunter

willyqbc
05-29-2011, 09:33 AM
Well I finally found a couple days to get out hunting this spring as work has kept me busy and the rain hasn't stopped falling for about 3 weeks now:icon_frow
Anyway Tank and Michael and I headed out last weekend and as usual for the beginning of a spring bear season we were rapidly scouting a bunch of areas looking for the best grass and lots of bear crap. As usually happens we found this nice chocolate feeding on the edge of a grassy logging road. Tank made a nice shot at 352 yards and bear #1 for the spring was on the ground!
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/james_bear_2011.JPG

Fast forward to yesterday, finished work around 3 o'clock and it's pissing rain....again!!!! My kid gets home from the local archery shoot and he has his little buddy in tow. Now his friend hasn't been exposed to much hunting so they really want to go. So we wait and wait.....finally around 6 the weather starts to break to the North so I figure a quick drive out to an area we havent looked at for a while couldn't hurt. So ALC, myself and the two young feller head out from the house. It didn't take long before we found this nice chunky bear laying alongside a grassy road. And I do mean laying down.....in fact he kept laying out completely flat and closing his eyes!! We started out with a soft whistle to get him to stand.....nothing. Whistle louder.....nothing, clap hands......nothing. Finally i start yelling to the bear to get him up :mrgreen:. finally he slowly gets to his feet and turns to present a broadside shot at 167 yards and Michael touches off the shot. It was really a perfect shot, both lungs and the top cap of the heart destroyed....bear went about 15 yards!
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/michael_bear_2011.JPG

A couple pretty happy young fellows as you can see!

Chris

nolimits
05-29-2011, 09:43 AM
The boys really look happy. This kind of adventure surely beats homework. Nice story and pics. Thanks for sharing and congrats on the bears.

BlacktailStalker
05-29-2011, 09:46 AM
Nice bear Michael !

Freshtracks
05-29-2011, 11:00 AM
The smiles say it all Chris ... big congrats in order. btw - that's one sweet looking bear Tank got. Any more pics to show the colouration?

Steeleco
05-29-2011, 07:27 PM
Well done guys, both very nice bears

The Dawg
05-29-2011, 07:29 PM
Nice work, gotta love the kids getting out.

Johnnybear
05-29-2011, 07:41 PM
Nice bears guys. Congrats. Great post willyqbc!

hunter1947
05-30-2011, 03:01 AM
This bear is a very nice color bear nice to see the young ones out on this hunt ,congrats to all on this bear hunt..

Mik
05-30-2011, 09:27 AM
Too bad we cant give our kids "credit towards a class in school". Great looking bears, Congrats to all.