PDA

View Full Version : Mrs.308 gets er done!!!

.308win
05-29-2011, 12:04 AM
Well this hunt started 2 years ago! In 2009 my oldest daughter, Ashley shot her first Deer, right after her mom reminded her that she only had one more year to hunt on her dads tags! "will after that I'll do my CORE " she says! Mom replies, "I'll do the core with you then!".........Fast forward to this past friday!......Mom and ashley get their hunter #'s!!......Now being that Ashley is 14.....she had..."prior engagements" for this evening!!:???:......But mom was game after her shift at Homehardwear!!.....Now......not being one for "RUSHING".... I did not have the truck and all nessary gear ready at 2:00pm!.......a full 2 hrs before mom got home!!:mrgreen:......Anywho!....we head out, just as we get to a said FSR....I go to call "pick up 0 up said FSR"......I don"t get it out before I say......"Look...Bear!!" We puta stalk... but the wind is not our friend!.......Off we go! 20min later I say to the wife..."just around the corner is a landing that we saw a nice Bear on a few days ago at work"......there he is!....but again, the wind is not our friend!:evil:.....At this point it's go home time!...try agian tomorrow!.......we get half way down the FSR, and I see black in the ditch!.....

ME: "Theres a Bear hun!"....."just a little guy!"
WIFE: "Is he little?"
ME: "Yep,.....Let him walk around a bit and see!"
After a couple mins...
ME: "He's NOT a huge Bear....But a good first Bear!"
All I hear is the opening of the truck door!!......I'll let the video tell the rest!!

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p101/newfieguy1/th_Trinasfirstbear.jpg (http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p101/newfieguy1/?action=view&current=Trinasfirstbear.mp4)

Thanks for reading and watching!!!

Perry

Spy
05-29-2011, 12:16 AM
Right on! Congratulations ! Thats an awesome first bear, great shot. Some good Camera footage!

nolimits
05-29-2011, 12:19 AM
You guys make it look so easy. I don't know who is more proud from the job, you or Trina. Congrats. Well done.

cwocarsten
05-29-2011, 12:25 AM
Thanks for the great video clip. The best part was hearing your daughter excited about the bear her mom shot. Sounds like you have a future hunter in the family. Cheers

Mik
05-29-2011, 12:25 AM
Thats awesome, way to go, and ya even got her dragin' the bear out on video.....Congrats.

dutchie
05-29-2011, 12:39 AM
Whoooh, He is Big and Fuzzy!!! LOL

Good on you guys!

Walking Buffalo
05-29-2011, 12:53 AM
"Ooh, there's meat inside of him!"

Hahaha,
That was great!

hunter1947
05-29-2011, 02:39 AM
Trina well placed shot on your shooting as for a dandy first bear all I can say is your one very happy person good on you for making it happen http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.png ,nice to see the young one out with mom and dad a real family outing for sure ,congrats to you mom on getting your first bear http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.png..

fester
05-29-2011, 06:26 AM
great video, thanks for sharing.

5 spike
05-29-2011, 06:34 AM
nice very nice great video congrat on a very nice bear.

Pioneerman
05-29-2011, 06:42 AM
Great video experience thanks for sharing. I am sure you will have many more to share in the future.

CRS
05-29-2011, 06:58 AM
Fantastic adventure! Thanks for letting us tag along. Congrats on your first bear! Really like seeing the young ones out with mom and dad!

The Hermit
05-29-2011, 07:09 AM

Hahaha,
That was great!

Yeah that was great! Good going Mrs 308 and family!

.308win
05-29-2011, 07:37 AM
Thanks for the comments guys!!.....To say that she was stoked about it would be an understatment!!!:mrgreen:......On the drive home she looked at me and said "I totatly get why your into this now!!"........A few more bits of info! She was shooting a Rem 700 in 708, loaded with 140grn Serrira Prohunters and 38grn of H4895. The Bear went 5'9"!!!......Now Ashley wants one bigger!!:???::mrgreen:.....Have to see what I can do!!:-D Again, Trina really appreciates the feed back!!

Perry

Darksith
05-29-2011, 08:07 AM
I have 2 comments, first you gotta love the fact that its a family event and even your little one is excited for mom and the bear. I hope to have that with my son one day. Second thing that caught my eye is she pulled her license/tag outta the old bra strap...thats prepared!

Great job, great video, great time.
Thanks for sharing.

demlake
05-29-2011, 08:14 AM
Thanks for the video, and congrats to all involved.

Great-looking bear.

dl

sparkes3
05-29-2011, 08:24 AM
i laughed at her pulling out her tag but the im so proud of me comment almost cost me a new computer.
my wife has her pal/core but she could not pull the trigger last year ,but we hunt lots with our two sons and the three of them can spot game real good .
maybe this year will be her first.
congrats on your bear.

TPK
05-29-2011, 08:35 AM
Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

buckhunter
05-29-2011, 09:30 AM
nice one, i bet if he was bigger "308win" would have shot it. nice vid and pics.

Foxton Gundogs
05-29-2011, 09:34 AM
Thanks for the comments guys!!.....To say that she was stoked about it would be an understatment!!!:mrgreen:......On the drive home she looked at me and said "I totatly get why your into this now!!"........A few more bits of info! She was shooting a Rem 700 in 708, loaded with 140grn Serrira Prohunters and 38grn of H4895. The Bear went 5'9"!!!......Now Ashley wants one bigger!!:???::mrgreen:.....Have to see what I can do!!:-D Again, Trina really appreciates the feed back!!

Perry

Ok first I will say what everyone else has said nice bear congrats to Mrs.308 and great the daughter is along and included etc. BUT I will be the bad guy here and sh*t on your parade.... I certainly hope thie footage was a reinactment... cuz what the heck were you thinking letting your wife leading into the bush after a shot possably wonded bear
(at this point of the video we don't know) gun over her shoulder holding a childs hand with nothing but a camera for back up. And then to let her approch the downed without a gun and just grab it come on guy THINK!! Small bear yes but small bears are dangerous too. I'm sorry I dont want to be the "Grinch that stole Xmas" but that could have been the setup for nightmares for years to come and you never would have forgiven yourself. I am not trying to take away from your wifes acheivment just point out how a great experience could have went horribly WRONG. And if being the bad guy prevents "disaster" in the future then I'll take the rap .And I am a little surprised that no one else has mention it.

Steeleco
05-29-2011, 09:41 AM
Go girl!!! Well done

Islander30
05-29-2011, 09:46 AM
great bear and a great video, congrats all around !

meat eater
05-29-2011, 09:47 AM
thank's for sharin!!! luv seening the fam all out there!!

308Lover
05-29-2011, 09:49 AM
I'm just assuming it was a good old .308 that did the job. Well done.

308Lover
05-29-2011, 09:52 AM
I didn't read far enough. I'm heartbroken that .308 didn't get a chance to speak.Sigh. Too bad you used some kind of foreign rifle. LOL

BCBRAD
05-29-2011, 10:08 AM
Ok first I will say what everyone else has said nice bear congrats to Mrs.308 and great the daughter is along and included etc. BUT I will be the bad guy here and sh*t on your parade.... I certainly hope thie footage was a reinactment... cuz what the heck were you thinking letting your wife leading into the bush after a shot possably wonded bear
(at this point of the video we don't know) gun over her shoulder holding a childs hand with nothing but a camera for back up. And then to let her approch the downed without a gin and just grab it come on guy THINK!! Small bear yes but small bears are dangerous too. I'm sorry I dont want to be the "Grinch that stole Xmas" but that could have been the setup for nightmares for years to come and you never would have forgiven yourself. I am not trying to take away from your wifes acheivment just point out how a great experience could have went horribly WRONG. And if being the bad guy prevents "disaster" in the future then I'll take the rap .And I am a little surprised that no one else has mention it.

Are you the guy busting the kid's balls for not wearing a helmet on their bike, what about eye and hearing protection to go along with the full body condumb when shooting...... and ya always have a GIN in your hand when bear hunting you never know what a dead bear will do.
You could have sent this nice family a PM discussing your concerns for their safety, but a public kick in the groin is more satisfying I suppose.

coach
05-29-2011, 10:20 AM
Great video, .308win. Hunting can be such a great family experience. Great job taking the time to clean the bear up and take those great still photos at the end.

Foxton Gundogs
05-29-2011, 10:25 AM
Are you the guy busting the kid's balls for not wearing a helmet on their bike, what about eye and hearing protection to go along with the full body condumb when shooting...... and ya always have a GIN in your hand when bear hunting you never know what a dead bear will do.
You could have sent this nice family a PM discussing your concerns for their safety, but a public kick in the groin is more satisfying I suppose.

I said I'd take the rap so no sour grapes on my behalf but just so you wont lose sleep at night ...TYPE-O corrected

steel_ram
05-29-2011, 10:49 AM
Pretty safe to assume the dead bear had already been approached. Duh! Just like in most professional hunting video's. Nice job. Congrats on your first bear!

d6dan
05-29-2011, 10:58 AM
Congrats to you Trina on your 1st Bear!. Good job Perry on the Vid..Keep them coming!.:-D.

.308win
05-29-2011, 12:34 PM
(at this point of the video we don't know) gun over her shoulder holding a childs hand with nothing but a camera for back up. And then to let her approch the downed without a gun and just grab it come on guy THINK!! Small bear yes but small bears are dangerous too. I'm sorry I dont want to be the "Grinch that stole Xmas" but that could have been the setup for nightmares for years to come and you never would have forgiven yourself. I am not trying to take away from your wifes acheivment just point out how a great experience could have went horribly WRONG. And if being the bad guy prevents "disaster" in the future then I'll take the rap .And I am a little surprised that no one else has mention it.

I respect the fact that you are concerned for other peoples safty!!.......But am not that stupid!!....to think that I would send my wife and daughter in after a possible wounded Bear!! That would be down right stupid!! You did notice the break in the fotage from the shot to retrivel!! of course I went in first.....I even made sure both waited IN the truck while I checked the Bear out, before we headed in!! Thank you for your coments.....good or bad!!

Perry

Caveman
05-29-2011, 01:43 PM
One of the best videos I've seen in a awhile! I like how the wife is in a tank top, rifle over the shoulder and runners leading the girl by hand. up to a hopefully dead bear

bsa30-06
05-29-2011, 01:53 PM

Hahaha,
That was great!

That was my favorite part,the little girls excitement is awesome......definately wont be the last bear hunt for her.

buckguy
05-29-2011, 01:54 PM
Congrats! Nice shot. Good to see the family out hunting together.

Fishhound
05-29-2011, 05:15 PM
Good shot, Good eats
Its good to see people hunting as a family, the excitement shown by the little girl certainly would indicate an up and coming hunter

Johnnybear
05-29-2011, 05:31 PM
Great video and congrats to your wife on the bear!!. I really like the full family involvment with your hunting. It gives hunters hope for the future. Please keep up the good work:-D.

ROEBUCK
05-29-2011, 05:38 PM
really great video !
congrats on the bear

quackquackbang
05-29-2011, 07:38 PM
Good job Trina!!! Perry, just think of all the guns you can buy now that Trina is hooked.:mrgreen:

.308win
05-29-2011, 08:55 PM
Thanks buddy!!........I only wish!!:cry:

Perry

dana
05-29-2011, 09:05 PM
Perry,
Tell Trina Congrats from the whole Dana clan! We all gathered around Cody's laptop to watch the video. Great First Bear Trina!!! And great videoing there bud. We loved it!

BCHunterTV
05-29-2011, 10:26 PM
awesome man, great to see your lil one out there too

Marc
05-29-2011, 11:04 PM
Great job on a beautiful bear!

Brambles
05-30-2011, 07:29 AM
good times, congrats Mrs.

buck nash
05-30-2011, 11:22 AM
Congrats to the missus. Perfect shot on a nice first bear! And congrats to your whole family for getting out there, having fun and making memories together.

nano
05-30-2011, 03:39 PM
Nice bear, congrats!

Singleshotneeded
05-30-2011, 11:55 PM
Very nice, awesome to see a family hunt like that! Your little girl was so cute in that video!

Allen50
05-31-2011, 02:28 AM

was cool seeing you get your first bear, but the concern (Foxton Gundogs) brought up were something to think about, teaching someone new to hunt, bears, or any other game, once the shot is taken one should be ready in case the shot was not quit right, and it happens, we read it all the time how a hunter get hirt or worse, just a good thing to be ready when going into the woods looking for a shot animal of any kind, i did see the gun on the shoulder and child holding hands, and also though hummm this could be bad, yes all ened up ok, but one nevers knows, if we teach the right way and to be prepeard for anything, we all should go home safe with some meat for the winter,or summer bbq, anyway it was a good shot and some happy hunters, and good to see the family out together, and a bigger one is out waiting for you,, good luck....

kennyj
05-31-2011, 05:34 AM
Awesome! Great bear. Really enjoyed the story and video.
kenny