PDA

View Full Version : moose hunting pink mountain

huntingthecountry
05-28-2011, 10:07 AM
Joke first TURPINTIN VS HOLLY WATER A little boy is sitting on the footpath with a bottle of turpentine . He was shaking it up and watching the bubbles. A oriest comes along and asked the little boy what he had.The little boy said it was the powerful liquid in the world its called turpentine . The priest said no the most powerful liquid in the world is holy water . If you rub it on a pregnant womans belly she'll pass a healthy baby.The litle boy replied if you rub turpentine on a cat's ass he'll pass a harley davidson . :-D

Now i want to gather as much info on pink mountain and the halfway chowade. I use to hunt this area 30 yrs ago with my dad was exellent moose hunting at that time Iam planing a fall hunt in this area would like to know road condition moose #s peak rut period anything would help thx :-D

Crimson Viking
05-28-2011, 05:41 PM
Lmao HAHAHA no info bout pink mountain , never hunted there. but funny joke.

hunter1947
05-29-2011, 03:08 AM
Good joke thanks I needed that LOL.

Any of the roads around pink Mt carry fair to good moose hunting I hunted up stream of the Sikenni Chief river and had good moose hunting we got our moose there when we hunting this area.

As for the roads you can take a 4x4 into most roads but make sure you have a set of chains the roads can get greasy when it rains or snows ,a winch and quad woud be nice to have as well ,when dry conditions in Sept most roads that are not in muskeg are in fair drivable conditions region 7-45 is the area I am referring to south saide of the river boundry of 7-48..

huntingthecountry
05-29-2011, 11:51 AM
Thx for the input. What hunting methods did you use? I have shot 4 moose when hunting over the years usually immature bulls while hunting other speicies mulies goats etc . My dad would sit for days on cutlines and wait but the opening where any bull and sometimes any moose . I believe the rut is going to be hot in late sept early oct my calling ability is poor at best but have call one moose in

elkdom
05-29-2011, 11:58 AM
there are literally 1000's of miles of new O&G roads including 1000's of new gas well sites and pumping stations, in the "dink mountain area" and surrounding areas, hundreds of new/recent clear cuts