PDA

View Full Version : Bought my First Bow

Mike26
05-28-2011, 08:19 AM
Bought my first bow yesterday. The wife sure isn't happy but she'll get over it!

buckhunter
05-28-2011, 08:22 AM
it's better to ask for forgiveness, than ask for permission!

Mike26
05-28-2011, 08:23 AM
Not only is it better, it sure as hell is easier

IslandHunterBXL
05-28-2011, 09:36 AM
its addicting, you are gonna love it! my guns have done nothing but collect dust since i picked my first bow up 2 years ago.

Bow Walker
05-28-2011, 09:43 AM
Congrats. It's a hellova lot cheaper to practice and a lot more fun too.

Mike26
05-28-2011, 11:58 PM
Jack pot, I'm out of the dog house, the wife put diesel fuel in her car tonight. Oh it's not a diesel car.

The Hermit
05-29-2011, 12:19 AM
It was YOUR fault she did that! She was upset and thinking about that damned new bow and just made a simple mistake... you shouldn't be upset with her but at yourself!! LOL

hunter1947
05-29-2011, 03:33 AM
Bought my first bow yesterday. The wife sure isn't happy but she'll get over it!

I have found that they never get over it ,congrats on getting a new bow..

Mike26
05-29-2011, 07:36 AM
It was YOUR fault she did that! She was upset and thinking about that damned new bow and just made a simple mistake... you shouldn't be upset with her but at yourself!! LOL

Well Hermit, I know there is no way you could have known but your close. My wife has had some very traumatic stuff happen in the last week (not me buying a bow) and her mind was else where and she did make a simple mistake. I am bothered by the gas station attendant who saw a nissan sentra sitting at the diesel pump and didn't say anything

Bow Walker
05-29-2011, 10:47 AM
I have found that they never get over it ,congrats on getting a new bow..
Yup - "they" never forget. It's filed away for future use when it'll count the most.

Eagle1
05-29-2011, 07:21 PM
Well Hermit, I know there is no way you could have known but your close. My wife has had some very traumatic stuff happen in the last week (not me buying a bow) and her mind was else where and she did make a simple mistake. I am bothered by the gas station attendant who saw a nissan sentra sitting at the diesel pump and didn't say anything

You know what, the gas jockey was proably young and didn't have a clue what fuel the car took,it's just a job. Sorry to hear that, lots of work to drain the tank and lines, hope there was no damage to the injectors.

Eagle1
05-29-2011, 07:25 PM
Yup - "they" never forget. It's filed away for future use when it'll count the most.

YUP YUP YUP, THEY WILL LEAVE IT FOR YEARS, THEN ONE DAY " boom, you remember that first bow you bought that i didn't want you to have, WELLLL "

Mike26
05-29-2011, 08:00 PM
Well wasn't too hard to drain the tank, thankfully she only put in like ten liters so I pulled the fuel line and used the fuel pump to crank it through. Then I put 30 liters into the tank. It took a bit to work through and get running but she's up and running real good now. Turns out fuel injector cleaner is pretty much diesel fuel. Oh and I get to go out Tuesday night and use my bow.

landphil
05-29-2011, 08:06 PM

It's called "getting historical", in addition to hysterical!

Enjoy your new bow!

Jagermeister
05-29-2011, 08:31 PM
Could have been worse, putting gas into a diesel powered car.

"The wife sure isn't happy but she'll get over it!" Spoken like a real man, the others are pussies!

scallywag
05-29-2011, 08:36 PM
so what the hell did you get?
i drove all the way to duncan to their bow shop cause my shoulder is killing me and i want to get them to turn down this bow i am shooting and look for some new goodies but like everything in duncan on a sunday it was closed

BiG Boar
05-29-2011, 08:45 PM
Welcome to one of the best hunting tools you'll ever use. What kind of bow? GOt pics? I love bow hunting now. Taken 8 animals in the last 2 years! Each one is an absolute rush!

Mike26
06-01-2011, 08:58 PM
so what the hell did you get?
i drove all the way to duncan to their bow shop cause my shoulder is killing me and i want to get them to turn down this bow i am shooting and look for some new goodies but like everything in duncan on a sunday it was closed

PSE Stinger, Seems like good bow, and I could afford it :)

Mike26
06-01-2011, 08:59 PM
Welcome to one of the best hunting tools you'll ever use. What kind of bow? GOt pics? I love bow hunting now. Taken 8 animals in the last 2 years! Each one is an absolute rush!

No pics yet. will take some and put them up soon

beni
06-01-2011, 09:02 PM
Congrats!

And glad to hear you were able to deal with the diesel issue.

I also should be picking up a bow soon :D