PDA

View Full Version : How do you like your hunting boots to fit?

Tiptoe
05-25-2011, 11:16 PM
I was just wanting to get some collective experiences on boot fit. It has been several years since I bought new hunting boots and I just bought a new pair of $300 plus Kennetrek boots, which seem extremely nice and have a loyal following. In the past, I always figured upon a slight stretch in material as I bought boots with a lot more leather and they always stretched a little after " breaking in". My last pair were Danner RainForest which I really loved in dry conditions, however, I found the Vibram sole too hard if there was any wet conditions on steep slopes, as I would slip all over the place (love the boot; love/hate the sole). My feet differ ever so slightly in size and I just opted for something a little larger in the toe area, figuring I can wear slightly thicker socks if necessary, and that my feet tend to swell after hoofing about the hills all day. By no means are my feet swimming in the boots, but I'd love to hear how you all buy/fit a hunting boot, as it it is a fairly large , important decision.
Thanks!

snareman1234
05-26-2011, 06:23 PM
A little large is no issue, especially if you are going to put on heavier socks later in the season....but you don't want your heal to be lifting lots due to an oversized boot

sheephunterab
05-26-2011, 08:26 PM
I like a slight bit of slip in the heel and make sure they are wide enough.

urbanhermit
05-26-2011, 09:09 PM
bit of heel movement, snug with 2 socks(one heavy), lots of clearance at the toes. that feeling of coming down with a heavy pack and your toes wanting to roll under is not good. every one is different.