PDA

View Full Version : Fernie B.C.

bruno
08-15-2006, 01:02 PM
We are looking for a hunting/ fishing/ retirement / investment property.
We are intrested in the Fernie area. Any suggestions?
Thanks Bruno

brotherjack
08-15-2006, 05:55 PM
I suggest you're on the right track for a world class setup. :)

Brambles
08-15-2006, 10:10 PM
I hope you have lots of money, Fernie is booming and the prices have shot through the roof. Its a beautiful area though, not sure what the fishing and hunting is like but I can only assume its awesome.

brotherjack
08-16-2006, 12:40 AM
Ridiculously rich people from all over the world pay big big bucks to come hunt in the Kootenays. If hunting was all that much better elsewhere, I'm sure they would go elsewhere. :)

yote
08-16-2006, 08:15 AM
That's right. I will be coming all the way from vancouver Island in two weeks. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brambles
08-16-2006, 09:11 AM
Ridiculously rich people from all over the world pay big big bucks to come hunt in the Kootenays. If hunting was all that much better elsewhere, I'm sure they would go elsewhere. :)

Yeah but rich people pay big bucks to hunt anywhere, take your pick, you'll always find some rich s.o.b that will pay to go hunting somewhere new, the kootenays isn't anything special in the whole grand scheme of things, sure it works for us but its not the only game in town...

Seeadler
08-22-2006, 09:30 AM
Fernie is dying a slow death. Houses are being bought up by out-of-towners for big $$$, locals are selling and moving to less expensive places. The result being that the population is going down, local business is closing.

Pretty soon it will just be a Canadian Tire store and a winter village type setup.

Don't believe me? Go there and try to find a restaurant to eat in during the summer.

elkmaster
08-23-2006, 06:40 AM
I live in Fernie and it is becoming another banff because of Albertan investments, I had lived there for 50 years and its a shame of good hunting areas like cedar valley, Island lake area, that are shut down to hunting, private land.
Your best bet is Sparwood, B.C. about 20 miles north or elko, B.C. area 20 miles south, thats unless you have the money to buy property in Fernie, houses are selling for approx. $250'000. plus, which is still a good investment, its a buyers and sellers market right now!

Mr. Dean
08-23-2006, 11:37 AM
in Fernie, houses are selling for approx. $250'000.

WT....? You CAN'T be serious!

brotherjack
08-23-2006, 12:11 PM
Mr. Dean - 'fraid so - There's not much left in the way of relatively nice properties in the entire Kootenay valley going for less (and a whole lot of stuff going for much more). Even small condo's and lower end houses are cresting the $100,000 mark. Go to http://www.mls.ca and see what I mean. Property values around here are going up at an insane rate.

Jelvis
08-23-2006, 02:57 PM
Whats happening to our world? Is there no end to this real estate madness. What is going to happen this can't go on, can it? Tell me BrotherJack what is happening? Are people making insane amounts of dollars or using equities to the utmost limit. I pity the new people coming up they will never afford a regular lifestyle my parents had. What is going to happen to the wildlife in these areas?

Rainwater
08-23-2006, 03:03 PM
People are buying stuff up in the hopes to flip it for a profit, when that stops and people settle down sanity will come back. I think their is room for one more drift boat on the Elk, one only.!!

30-06
08-23-2006, 03:52 PM
in Fernie, houses are selling for approx. $250'000. is that what there starting at because if that is the finishing price thats not expencisive,we go tlittle dumpy house here being sold for that much

brotherjack
08-23-2006, 03:57 PM
Jelvis - last I looked, wages around the Kootenay's haven't got up much. I don't know how the local people are affording this. If there was anyplace else in the world I wanted to be - now would be a good time to sell my place for about 3 times what I paid for it and get there. Just never been anywhere else I would like to live half as much as I like it here - so... here I stay. :)

Though, I guess to people moving here from really expensive places, $250,000 looks pretty cheap.