PDA

View Full Version : Hunting in B.C. parks

Slinky Pickle
05-25-2011, 12:47 PM
Some of you may be aware of this website but I'm guessing many are not. It clearly spells out which BC parks are huntable. A good site to bookmark!!

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/regulations/1012/docs/PARKS_HUNT.pdf

Fishgutz
05-25-2011, 12:57 PM
I just printed a copy and stuck in with my regs!

nolimits
05-25-2011, 07:12 PM
I just printed mine as well. Thanks.

Krico
05-25-2011, 07:22 PM
Yes they used to list all the parks where hunting was not allowed, right in the regs. Dumb idea to remove it.

Slinky Pickle
01-10-2013, 01:46 PM
I was digging back into this thread today and I thought I would just bump it up for anyone that's interested. The government PDF document in the first thread is undated so I guess it's still current.

Rodd
01-10-2013, 01:55 PM
I had an issue with the website, a couple years ago. A friend had a Salmo Sheep Draw, and we weren't super familiar with the area, and did the research on the areas no shooting zones etc... Posted on here and asked, and all available data said it was legal to hunt inside Stagleap Prov Park. Including the linked Gov't website from the regs. So we were under the assumption it was legal to hunt. Although thats not where we concentrated our efforts, but were checked by a CO, and he mentioned to be careful and NOT hunt within stagleap park as it was illegal. I was like Ummm... We understood that it was legal, and showed him the site, and it clearly stated hunting was legal within the park... He was dumbfounded with the info, and told us he'd check it out and get back to us.. The next day he called and asked "Did you guys get a sheep?" cuz it was an error and the park is closed, he had the website updated and I believe it reads correctly now. But Had we taken a Ram within, it would have been a major hassle, but we would have been aloud to keep it based on our due diligence! So just keep it in mind, and it never hurts to talk to a local CO about such regs before you hunt.

hunter1947
01-11-2013, 04:19 AM
Thanks for the link I added it to my favorites..

Gun Dog
01-11-2013, 01:53 PM
But Had we taken a Ram within, it would have been a major hassle, but we would have been aloud to keep it based on our due diligence! So just keep it in mind, and it never hurts to talk to a local CO about such regs before you hunt.And it's a good idea to PRINT web pages in case they change. (Be sure the header includes the date/time and link.)

TPK
01-11-2013, 02:58 PM
Yes they used to list all the parks where hunting was not allowed, right in the regs. Dumb idea to remove it.

It was removed due to pressure from folks that wanted them to be more clear, as some Parks listed as "No Hunting" were actually legally being hunted in by First Nations. It was a bone of contention for some the way it was worded and rather than ammend the regs to mention the FN's excemptions, it was removed entirely.

mikeman20
01-15-2013, 02:35 PM
.... I passed up a 3point muley in the very edge of premeir lake park because i thought it wasnt legal.

god damnit