PDA

View Full Version : 3D this weekend

Bowzone_Mikey
05-22-2011, 06:20 PM
May 28 weekend ... I can think of 4 shoots going on in the province ... Quesnel, Salmon Arm, Kelowna and Rupert??? ... I am sure there is one on the island somewhere too

I am going to Quesnel ...
where are you going?

gitnadoix
05-22-2011, 06:53 PM
The Kasiks shoot for me, it has always been a good shoot and the seafood is too good to miss......put on by the Prince Ruert Club

E.B.
05-22-2011, 07:02 PM
Staying home in quesnel.

Vader
05-22-2011, 08:13 PM
Cranbrook has theirs as well.. havent missed in a long time.. looks like this one is a writeoff for me

Coyote
05-22-2011, 09:08 PM
Campbell River has theirs on May 28 and 29

'yote

JonSchaefer
05-22-2011, 10:55 PM
Quesnel is where everyone should be going

Bowzone_Mikey
05-22-2011, 11:00 PM
I did have illusions about going to Kelowna ... But common sense got the better of me ... I will support my local area clubs first

satalite bull
05-23-2011, 09:43 AM
got to go to kelowna so i can shoot the r-100 next year

Bow Walker
05-23-2011, 10:16 AM
Campbell River is a bit of a stretch for me right now, so I'm sitting here typing instead of being somewhere shooting...

Bowzone_Mikey
05-23-2011, 10:41 AM
got to go to kelowna so i can shoot the r-100 next year

gonna be a piss poor turn out for the R-100 if the stipulation is you hafta shoot the clubs shoot this year to attend it next.. and a real piss poor attitude picking the busiest weekend of the year to do it on ...

satalite bull
05-23-2011, 11:07 AM
gonna be a piss poor turn out for the R-100 if the stipulation is you hafta shoot the clubs shoot this year to attend it next.. and a real piss poor attitude picking the busiest weekend of the year to do it on ...

i dont think that there is any stipulation that you have to shoot kelowna to shoot the r-100 but what i understand that if u shoot it this year then you're name is taken down and you get put on next years list since there has been intrest from alberta,sask,washington state,idaho and all over bc and there is only so much room i thought it might be a good idea to shoot it again this year plus it was a great shoot last year probably the best shoot in the okanagan last year . As for a piss poor attitude i dident pick the date and i wasen't planning on going to the interior or the coast so it works for me

brad ferris
05-23-2011, 02:38 PM
I'd love to hit that rupert shoot one of these days but I'll be sticking with quesnel this year. I heard jon is buying everyone lobster dinner to help draw in northern archers who would normally go to prince rupert ;)

Jonas111
05-23-2011, 10:12 PM

We can see who has the piss poor attitude.

If you don't have anything nice to say then I suggest you keep your piss poor attitude to yourself.

Bowzone_Mikey
05-23-2011, 10:35 PM
we can see who has the piss poor attitude.

If you don't have anything nice to say then i suggest you keep your piss poor attitude to yourself.

l m a o !!!!!!!!

The choice of the weekend for this years shoot has been discussed in another thread ... the choice for the R-100 has been discussed ....

the poster that \i responded to said he is going to kelowna this year so that he could attend the r100 next ... I have heard that logic around elsewhere .... seems that was started by kelowna people ... I really hope not the organizers .... as it is the busiest weekend in the province for 3d as it already had the most shoots going on ... last year Kelowna held it on Mothers day weekend and it didnt take away from many other shoots that were close ... Like Salmon Arm for instance ....

Not stating its true because I know its bullshit .... but I have heard that same verse come out of alot mouths .... "I hafta go to kelowna this year or I cant go to the R100 next year" .... I asked where didja hear that from .... oh some dude from Kelowna was saying that at Mother .... I then informed them that was bullshit as they(Kelowna organizors) cannot do that as that will ruin most every other club that holds a shoot that weeknend ...and if such is the case then I wont be going to the R100 (as I chose to support my local areas club first and foremost) and nor will anyone that would listen to me.

Now that all said ... I will register for the R-100 as soon as it is open to register as I have shot one before and loved it ....

you asked who had the pissy attitude ... I showed that some in Kelowna area think like they are Toronto and the world revolves around them ....

Now that all said

Ruger4
05-24-2011, 06:20 AM
If the R100 does comes to the Okanagan , they will say what weekend they will host it on on, end of discussion and if your club wants to host a shoot on the same weekend , fly at'er.

I will be going to Kelowna to shoot my bow with family this year again, it simply offer's more for what I'm looking for as a family weekend and the prizes sound really good again.
As for the close proximity of other shoots , Bozo Mikey, why do you keep stirring the pot ?, just go and support a shoot !!! or help at one, donate or volunteer some time at one. Its been disccussed over and over , who gives a rats ass !! I'd be more concerned if there were no shoots to attend.

Ruger4
05-24-2011, 06:30 AM
Just to confirm , the pre reg for the R100 by attending the Kelowna shoot was part of the sit down discussion with Rinehart. This was info they want and was required and asked for by them. Yes there are other ways to reg , this was one way , not the only way.

Jonas111
05-24-2011, 07:12 AM
Kelowna is fairly new to archery and there will be growing pains like anywhere. You guys up North have way more participation and larger following then we do here. We are trying to grow it so we can have some provincial events and maybe some larger paper shoots. I understand how you may have been confused but I believe Satellite Bull and Ruger4 explained it well enough so even you can understand, but let me try now.

The R100 Organizers asked them to do it this way to try and gauge how many people are going to be there. If there is a sell out then the guys that come to this years shoot are automatically registered for next years R100, and from what I understand they will tell us the date they are coming. Kelowna will not be choosing the date.

Now three people have now explained it to you. Next time you can keep your pissy comments about other areas to yourself. I have read alot of posts from guys up North and for the most part they all seem like nice people, but after reading numerous posts by you it seems you are extremely negative with your attitude and always throwing out pissy comments. Now should I judge your area by what you post???? So in other words, don't judge Kelowna because of a few boneheaded posts.

Have a great day.

Ruger4
05-24-2011, 07:57 AM
....at the end of the day this whole mix up in conflict of dates and this snowball effect stemmed from Salmon Arm assuming no need to post their shoot.
In recent years, past attendance would dictate a need for Salmon Arm to revist the schedule on a regular basis like every other club does and post. It would appear alot of people have forgotten about the SA shoot or perhaps chose to roll to another scheduled venue. Correct me if I'm wrong , fudge the numbers how you like but the parking lot was scarce in the last 2 years that I attended, to the extent of potentially a one day shoot was the talk ? I happen to be in the store the day Salmon Arm / Kelowna had their conversation about the shoot dates, Salmon Arm suggested to "squash the Chase shoot date cause it's new " !!!!!
Nice , now that there is some archery brotherly love, for that reason alone I will move on like others have chosen to do !

Bowzone_Mikey
05-24-2011, 08:22 AM
wow .. you guys are really taking what I posted the real wrong way .... so how about going back and re-reading what I wrote without the personal biased
I am well aware of rhineharts scheduling ....
and in fact the only negative comment I made is the fact that last year the kelowna shoot was on mothers day weekend ... when it was advertised that it would annually be then .... and this year its moved. as for not SA not posting on Canuck2s angel fire caleneder.... thats laughable at best if there is the only area of research of an open weekend that was done ... the group involved in kelownas club seem to have been around long enough to know otherwise ... yet didnt seem to care ....

at anyrate ... I want to thank you guys for setting the story straight regarding rumours that aparently started at MOAS and spread like wildfire ....
this thread seemed to have taken a turn away from where it was intended to go ... for that misunderstanding I apologise

Jonas111
05-24-2011, 08:59 AM
wow .. you guys are really taking what I posted the real wrong way .... so how about going back and re-reading what I wrote without the personal biased
I am well aware of rhineharts scheduling ....
and in fact the only negative comment I made is the fact that last year the kelowna shoot was on mothers day weekend ... when it was advertised that it would annually be then .... and this year its moved. as for not SA not posting on Canuck2s angel fire caleneder.... thats laughable at best if there is the only area of research of an open weekend that was done ... the group involved in kelownas club seem to have been around long enough to know otherwise ... yet didnt seem to care ....

at anyrate ... I want to thank you guys for setting the story straight regarding rumours that aparently started at MOAS and spread like wildfire ....
this thread seemed to have taken a turn away from where it was intended to go ... for that misunderstanding I apologise

Trust me, They cared deeply. Everyone from Kelowna went to SA to shoot. I myself love that shoot and want a more competetive style shoot like theres every weekend.

I got a little defensive when you called out ALL Kelowna people together. Sorry to run away with your thread.

Bowzone_Mikey
05-24-2011, 10:18 AM
Fair enuf ... all I wanted was to clear the air regarding the perceived notion of manditory attendance this year to be included in next ......
originally I was just curious where everyone was going because this is the most busiest weekend of the outdoor season

cheers
Mike

trevstar33
05-24-2011, 12:32 PM
l m a o !!!!!!!!

you asked who had the pissy attitude ... I showed that some in Kelowna area think like they are Toronto and the world revolves around them ....

Now that all said

Ouch...That hurt......