PDA

View Full Version : leh

marbles67
05-19-2011, 07:11 PM
I dont get why they change the leh draw dates every BLOODY YEAR,LAST YEAR IT WAS MID JUNE,i have been busy and dont check the web for all there stupid policy changes,and i just find out the leh closes tommorow,no ryhme or reason to what they do,it pisses me off,why not pick a dtae and thats it!!!!

sarg
05-19-2011, 07:13 PM
i think last year was the same as this year for due dates

Stresd
05-19-2011, 07:23 PM
06-07 had to be in by june 14
07-08 had to be in by june13
09-10 had to be in by june 12
10-11 had to be in by May 21
11-12 had to be in by May 20

Mark_S
05-19-2011, 07:28 PM
They have moved it to an earlier date to help get the draw done sooner so people can have time to plan their hunts.

anglo-saxon
05-19-2011, 07:28 PM
Just got mine in today. It's a pretty archaic system they have for LEH application submission in this day and age of advanced technology. I can't belive LEH applicants can't apply online. It would be as easy as registering with your BC Hunter Number, then entering your desired LEH numbers, then paying by credit card. How difficult is that? As it is, we have to manually write them out, send them in (or hand deliver as I did), then after the cut-off date the applications are sent to a private company where data entry clerks manually transfer the information from the clerks into their computers, after which the LEH draw software is run to determine the draws. That is absolutely ridiculous! Quite apart from the risk of human error in the transcription process, the amount of overhead for the data entry service (with an estimated 150,000 LEH application cards every year) must be staggering! Not only that, but if it was all done online, we could probably get the results the day after the closure date. It's as simple as hiring a programmer for a week or so to write the program. It could easily be done to work with the existing draw software.

marbles67
05-19-2011, 07:29 PM
exactly,dont get me wrong Its my fault for not checking...but pick a date and leave it??

NaStY
05-19-2011, 07:32 PM
On a lighter note, they are supposed to be online next year...

Sitkaspruce
05-19-2011, 09:33 PM
Who really cares if they change the date, or you have to do in manually???

The date thing is nobody fault but the person who buys an LEH. IT has it in pretty bold letters right on the front page the dates....and you should always read that page when you buy an LEH.

As for on-line, it's coming, but how hard is it to fill it in and send it off....been doing it for as long as I can remember and it has never affected my life....

Unreal how people will be pissed at the LEH for just about everything....and you have not even received a NIL yet...:mrgreen:

Cheers

SS

aj1493
05-19-2011, 10:46 PM
this is my first yet for filling my LEH out how long does it take to receive a answer on weather we got chosen or not thanks

Bowzone_Mikey
05-19-2011, 10:59 PM
alberta draws dont even need a credit card to enter ..... just charge your phone bill ... way simpler

when ever the draw date is you can check em online late that afternoon .... or you can wait a week and get result in mail

Moosehunter64
05-20-2011, 12:15 AM
Well if you read the LEH you would have read that only Succesful aplicants will be sent results this year.If you don`t get a draw you won`t be sent anything.

Gateholio
05-20-2011, 12:47 AM
Well if you read the LEH you would have read that only Succesful aplicants will be sent results this year.If you don`t get a draw you won`t be sent anything.

Yup. get it in on time or forget it!

And only successful applicants get it in the mail! And its going on line next year! Good show! I'm happy that we can save some money in that way.

Luckily for BC, we don't have the Alberta style draw that would keep you waiting to hunt until you were a senior citizen!

goatdancer
05-20-2011, 10:15 AM
Yup. get it in on time or forget it!

And only successful applicants get it in the mail! And its going on line next year! Good show! I'm happy that we can save some money in that way.

Luckily for BC, we don't have the Alberta style draw that would keep you waiting to hunt until you were a senior citizen!

Any idea on the cost of implementing the online draw? Will it be kept inhouse or contracted out? Alberta's is farmed out to IBM so most of the draw money goes to IBM.

Darksith
05-20-2011, 11:38 AM
well once you have the software in place, there really is no cost involved with doing the draw online. Costs would be server hosting which is already taken care of, and someone to monitor the system to make sure it is working properly.

No one will have to manually enter in the entries, no one will have to sort them...it will/should result in a huge cost savings for the MOE, so hopefully that extra cash will be used elsewhere effectively.

russm
05-20-2011, 12:43 PM
Exactly,why complain?its not like you didn't know it was comming up anyway whether its in may or june you knew it was comming up,yoou should have been prepared.

behemoth
05-20-2011, 12:55 PM
wow, we fight to have the draw earlier and people still complain because they dont like change?!?!?

steel_ram
05-20-2011, 01:00 PM
wow, we fight to have the draw earlier and people still complain because they dont like change?!?!?

No kidding. The earlier the better. Many of us actually have to book our limited vacation time.

Caveman
05-20-2011, 01:15 PM
Can't wait until we can apply electronically! Don't laugh! It will come to be

Caveman
05-20-2011, 01:17 PM

They rarely reward procrastination!!

Phreddy
05-21-2011, 09:47 AM
I don't have the paper in front of me. Does anyone know what the actual draw date is?
Cancel. I just found the sheet. Probably sometime around the middle of June.

marbles67
05-21-2011, 02:34 PM
typical of forumn sites,if you read my post I clearly stated it was my fault,nota complain simply an observation,ie for those who think I was bitching,,your gun store closes at 9 pm so you get there at 830,only to find out he now closes at 8,shitty because now you have no ammo,GET IT??

birosj
05-21-2011, 06:01 PM
well we should know by the 2nd week of june. and next year I believe we will have the option of sending in our cards or internet.

05-21-2011, 07:48 PM
Can't resist but ..... You Loosing Your Marbles 67 ???

hahhaha ! No punnnnn intended

Date was like last year, crappy for you you missed the deadline, better for others that didn't. Welcome to the GOS which is nothing to complain about given our wildlife blessings in B.C.

Best of luck this season.

CT

bearhunter338-06
05-21-2011, 09:39 PM
typical of forumn sites,if you read my post I clearly stated it was my fault,nota complain simply an observation,ie for those who think I was bitching,,your gun store closes at 9 pm so you get there at 830,only to find out he now closes at 8,shitty because now you have no ammo,GET IT??

No worries it's just a Surrey thing............:mrgreen: