PDA

View Full Version : Fathers day weekend

AlanF
05-19-2011, 06:27 PM
Going golfing with my hockey team on fathers day weekend. Will be staying near Harrison. We were thinking about trying to get a day of fishing in on Sunday. What is happening on the old Fraser that time of year? Never been on a jet boat, would be fun I am sure. Spring salmon, sturgeon? What do you think?
Alan

coach
05-20-2011, 06:48 AM
The Fraser will be very likely be high and dirty and full of debris during June this year due to the amount of snow in the interior that is just now starting to melt. Spring salmon will migrating through, but may not be open for retention. You will need to stay up to date on openings/closures through the DFO Pacific region website. If they are open, the best opportunities to catch them will be at the creek mouths (mostly upstream from Hope) where clear water mixes in with the muddy Fraser. Sturgeon are always present but it could bevery difficult to anchor and fish properly with logs and trees flowing past. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I wouldn't expect great fishing on the Fraser this year until mid to late July. Best time for salmon is between August long weekend and labor day.