PDA

View Full Version : black bear hunting......sunshine coast

ques deer
05-17-2011, 11:28 PM
i am a new bear hunter and my friend invited me to his cabin for the long week end , and wants me to go with him to try to find a nice b bear,....my first year hunting bear. so far . he lives in sechelt area so i"d like to stick to crown land up in behind there, they have b bear i will try to find a big bear. any one have any advice on where to start lookin...i"ve never hunted over there and understand... there are some closed areas ...not lokin for secret honey holes...but some recommendations on access points to crown lands from sechelt would be much appreciated . i am leaving thursday morning, pm me if you like thanks guys

killer_shot
05-18-2011, 09:12 AM
I grew up over there and there is a fair few bears. I hate to say it but the place you gonna find the most bears is by the dump in sechelt. Ive never seen a very big one around that part. sure they are out there. i think you could def find a bear pretty much anywhere in the mountains there. I really havent spent anytime up in the bush there since i was a teenager but the major problem is going to be thick forested areas everywhere. From what i from the town now is that most of the logged areas in sight have grown back in. I think they are trying to reduce the amount of visable scarring on the hills. That means in order to get some open country your going to have to drive quite a ways. My suggestion would be to brows the sat maps on good and then get a back roads map book and try to find some cut blocks. otherwise u will just be taking a nice long drive in the woods.

good luck

Elkhound
05-18-2011, 01:03 PM
Go past sechelt.....drive up trout lake rd. lots of roads in there. Lots of bears. I can see anywhere from 1 to 30 bears in a day. No im not kidding. You have to know where the grass greens up first in the pockets of snow. Good luck

ques deer
05-18-2011, 07:11 PM
thanks...... for all the info guys i appreciate

Elkhound
05-18-2011, 11:18 PM
oh......btw.....5 yrs ago my buddy got a 7FT 5 bear with a skull now in the books at 21 8/16 up trout lake rd. with any luck maybe you will get a relative. lol

ques deer
05-19-2011, 12:04 AM
wow thats crazy it will makes my hunt more.... exited... pretty interesting buddy , hopefully i can see a good one out there . ........thanks for the feedback ........elk hound and have a good long week end

Elkhound
05-24-2011, 08:43 PM
well? Any luck?

ques deer
05-24-2011, 09:51 PM
no luck but seen some good spots ,a big saw the first 2 days with a year old cabs 1 chocolate an the other was black and the last day big boar, did not give me a shot to spooky run into the bush since i jump off the truck but anyways ..thanks ....for the feedback elk hound.......... appreciated