PDA

View Full Version : Vortex Viper 8.5x50 (minus sale link)

Rectifier
05-17-2011, 06:51 PM
Looks like my thread was deleted because it contained a link to a deal that was too good.

Anways, I ran out and looked at the Viper 8.5x50 in Calgary today, totally blown away by Vortex quality vs price. BTW, Fit and finish is quite a bit nicer on the Vipers than the Diamondbacks, with locking diopter (IMO a big plus) and nicer eyecup material. Retractable eyecup system is slick and mechanisms are smoother than the Diamondbacks too.

Optically, could not tell the difference (in the bright store at least) between them and the Leupolds and Swarovskis. I thought the Zeiss were a little sharper but what do you expect for $2000 more. Impossible to look through Bushnells afterwards as the view is so dark and the colours so dim! I have ordered them up and am stoked to receive them. Thanks for feedback from those who posted!

By the way, first time I've had a thread/post deleted. I didn't know you can't post links to online deals on HBC? Didn't see it mentioned in the official rules and I'm sure I've seen cheap stuff posted before? Or maybe it was removed so everyone wouldn't buy them all up before I could, in which case thanks :twisted:

22savage
05-18-2011, 03:49 PM
Ordered the 8.5 by 50 vipers today also, about $360 to the the door.

22savage
06-01-2011, 09:33 PM
Got mine today thanks for the link RECTIFIER

Rectifier
06-01-2011, 11:00 PM
Yep, mine turned up last week (shipped to the USA), my wife has them and is bringing them out for the trip home with me, going to do some glassing on the way back and try them out in a real world scenario :D