PDA

View Full Version : Pass Lake

Weatherby300
05-16-2011, 06:54 PM
Anyone done any hunting around Pass Lake in 7-18? Considering it and just wondering what its like?

moosinaround
05-16-2011, 07:16 PM
Pretty grown up, lots of 12+ year old plantations, and it is steep country in places. Big moose when you find them. Seen a bull dropped into the back of a S-10 pick with a butt and top loader a few years back and it lifted the front wheels off the ground of the pick up!! It was big!! Nice country, rough road in, and cold and snowy in the fall. You could kill a bull moose in there though!! 10 days and with the rut on, no problem!! Moosin

338 winmag
05-16-2011, 09:22 PM
Pass Lake is in 7-17, tons of hunters in there during the rut and calf season.

Weatherby300
05-16-2011, 10:12 PM
Your right it is in 7-17 my bad! We are looking at both areas as possibles. Thanks for the info

McSledder
05-16-2011, 10:35 PM
I have not hunted that area but snowmobile in there lots, not sure how far in the mu is but I have see lots of moose on the Torpee FSR last year one kicked the crap out of my buddies sled when we were on our way in, noticed after wards that it was injured looked like maybe a wolf took a bite out of the rear end was wondering why it wouldn't dart off the trail like they normally doo. caribou up there too apparently I havent seen any ever

swampthing
05-17-2011, 06:15 PM
Thick country in there and the road is very rough. Nice mountains but tough to access. The outfitter up at the top end is friendly. Offered me a cabin one night when I was in my one man tent, camped off my quad in a monsoon rainstorm. Like an idiot, I declined.