PDA

View Full Version : New Bear Hunter!

hunter fisher
05-16-2011, 06:52 PM
hi everyone, im new to this site, not new to hunting, but new to bear hunting in the lower mainland. i went up harrison today on east harrison fsr between 10k and 30k and only saw some blacktails. im not picky about what i shoot, i just wanna get a few sausages and my first bear under my belt. my questions:

ive heard harrison and squamish are the best palces around the lower mainland, is that correct?

is the westside of harrison better than the eastside?

does anyone know some places within a couple hours of delta that have an abundance of bears? (again, not picky)

love the site so far!

RJ
05-16-2011, 07:18 PM
what an interesting user name lol

mwalter
05-16-2011, 07:21 PM
ya man the name may cause you some grief i am not trying to be offensive just a word of warning this is a pro hunting antipaoching site may strike a few chords
sorry cant help witht he bears unless you are allowed to hunt around hope and manning park always lots on th highway

moosinaround
05-16-2011, 07:30 PM
Yer handle sucks!! Not typically a guy to speak out about stuff like this, but your user name leaves a little bit to be desired! I would imagine you are using it in jest, but come on dude, there are enough problems with hunting's image! Just my opinion! Moosinaround

hunter fisher
05-16-2011, 07:47 PM
you guys need to take a joke, the only thing i poach are eggs

-n1p

Brett
05-16-2011, 07:52 PM
then make that your signature or something...like mine mmmm Canada

dave_fras
05-16-2011, 07:53 PM
well brett... your pic aint bad haha

buck nash
05-16-2011, 08:00 PM
Try up the west side of harrison and pretty far up. You should find them in the lower areas where its greened up. I got one this weekend near lilloete lake. The road on the west side of harrison takes you past lilloete lk and right up to pemberton and I saw lots of bears up that way. If you go as far as lilloete lk be aware there are lots of cotttages and campgrounds that way.

Good luck

warnniklz
05-17-2011, 08:33 AM
Seen a nice bear friday night up the east side of harrison. Trick is to get past all the other people/quaders. I seen a lot more sign down lower where it was greener. That's about all I got for you.

BiG Boar
05-17-2011, 08:42 AM
I am of the thinking that there are bears on just about every road I've been down in BC. Get a back roads map book, drive an hour or 2. Find some grass and you'll find the bears. Squamish has lots of bears for sure.

hunter fisher
05-17-2011, 10:21 AM
thanks for the advice everyone! im going with a buddy to go further up east harrison tommorow, if that fails, ill try lilloette lake area

warnniklz
05-17-2011, 07:37 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/bear_shit_may_14.jpg

one of the piles of bear sing I seen on saturday... that's a 30_06 round next to it

gibblewabble
05-17-2011, 07:54 PM
I agree the handle sucks badly. When I lived in Abby I hit Chilliwack Lake rd, NE of Mission to Harrison and Sumas Mtn for bow (but it's dissapearing) and for all you bear hunters down there talk to the corn farmers East of Mission all the way to Hope in the fall they are usually overjoyed to have a couple hunters come in and take some bears because they roll on the corn and ruin it badly. Poacher google earth is your best friend when your looking and it will save you a lot of boot leather.

Oh ya and get a better handle, there is a reason that one is still available with all the hunters on here.

Oh the road was washed out not far in the last time I was there (7 odd years ago) so have a buddy ready and bring some rope/cut a pole to hike it out.

Darksith
05-17-2011, 09:50 PM
hunters are constantly battling the general public's perception of our actions. A handle like yours doesn't help the cause, joke or no joke. Thats reality...I think you should change it, but its just my $0.02

TheProvider
05-21-2011, 08:52 AM
Either places you said have bears. I live in Squamish and know that for a fact. One thing you must understand however is think of your situation your in. City hunter looking for the closest possible place to hunt. There are hundreds of hunters in the exact same vote as you therefore squamish and harrision see an awful lot of hunters and mainly road hunters. Grab a map book or use google earth find those out of the way places that hold either grassy banks and flats or beaver ponds.