PDA

View Full Version : Eberlestock J107...good price??

Iron Sighted
05-15-2011, 09:05 AM
Hey everyone, just hoping for some input here. I've found an Eberlestock J107 Dragonfly pack for sale for $330. The pack was barely used once and is in mint, as new condition. Should I go for it?? It is tempting me badly...and I need a pack for this fall, think I'll find a better deal anywhere else?? This is the same pack I was already thinking about buying new before I found this one.

Thanks for any help.

snareman1234
05-15-2011, 09:37 AM
Not too bad, offer the guy 280 or 300 and you are laughin

bowhunterbruce
05-15-2011, 12:30 PM
i just picked up a brand new one a month ago and thwe best price i found was 365.00 so your laughing if you can get it cheaper then that,i know some retailers are charging around the 450.00 mark and thats not counting on any bivey sack or rain cover etc.
i tell ya ,once you get it set up for your own body there is nothing that has ever fit me better (other then a good woman lol)
bhb

Iron Sighted
05-15-2011, 03:13 PM
Glad to hear it, I've been trying to get a hold of the guy to tell him I want it.

Iron Sighted
05-15-2011, 04:52 PM
Just completed the sale, $325 shipped to my door. Can't wait to take this thing on some overnight scouting missions throughout the next few months.

swampthing
05-15-2011, 06:46 PM
Good buy. I really like mine.

Iron Sighted
05-15-2011, 06:50 PM
I hope I like mine as much as I think I will. The guy threw in a brand new water bladder as well, guess he never used it the one time he took the pack out.

bowhunterbruce
05-15-2011, 08:20 PM
you can go to eberlestocks website and see on video how to set it up so that it fits you exactly.

Iron Sighted
05-15-2011, 08:31 PM
Thanks, I think I will go do that right now.

spenom
05-27-2011, 10:10 PM
I think this is my first post here? I usually lurk the forum for good info on gear. This is a piece of gear I feel I have to comment on. Anyway, I picked up my J107 dragonfly at the Kamloops gun show for $250 barely used. I believe I got a really good deal. Mine is the military version that uses fabric alot like the fabric on my carhart work pants. I forget the name of the fabric right now. Anyway I used the money I saved on the pack to order a rain cover, rifle butt cover and spike duffel right from the eberlestock site. First off they ship cheap and fast, second I love this pack and all the stuff it can do. So many little features that make it awesome! My Boss has a Mystery ranch 6500 and side by side I like my J107 better. This is a tall claim I know but once you get your pack adjusted correctly the j107 shines and is every bit as comfortable with weight in it as the mystery ranch. The shoulder and hip belt look less padded I have seen the military version of the j107 side by side with the hunting version and would suggest if possible to go for the military one. It just feels way tougher! Plus there is actual fabric vs just netting in important parts of the bag on the military version (trying hard not to use the term Tactical). Anyway if you are reading this and are super picky about gear trust in the J107 it is all you want it to be. I would have paid 2X what I did for this pack.

Iron Sighted
05-28-2011, 08:13 AM
Thanks for the reply, I'm still waiting for mine to come in the mail. Didn't get the military version though, but I hear the regular one is still pretty damned tough(and a little lighter, which may be nice as it's already a hefty pack). Glad to hear how much you like yours, you got a great deal on it, nice find. I'd like to head out for an alpine overnighter with mine as soon as I get it, but I don't think that's gonna happen anytime soon with our snowpack this year. I may have to settle for a camping trip in the bush if I want to get out at all in the next month or two, this snow is going to be here at elevation for awhile I think.