PDA

View Full Version : went down the greg creek today.

BlackwaterHunter
05-14-2011, 05:27 PM
Well I went down the greg for some spring bear, and was very dissapoined to say the least. For the first few km garbage was everywhere near the road and on it, and also I didnt see any sign of bear, only a few moose prints, the whole area has been sprayed with herbicided. Lets just say I dont thinkI will be going down there again for a while.

Crys Shorty
05-14-2011, 05:53 PM
Try the Takeo, being a blackwater hunter as you are I'm sure you know it,.. down the blackwater, left on takeo, follow the road till it forks and stay right, ahead will be coyote I believe on your left, right at the end of the clear cut. Stay on coyote and you'll find a ton of bear sh*t, and some nice bedded down grass. PS - helps to get out of the truck and use a call. Nothing like a squealing rabbit to call in something.

BlackwaterHunter
05-14-2011, 06:18 PM
Thats where im heading next time, I know that area pretty much inside out, and yeah alot of truck hunters could use that advice

tinhorse
05-14-2011, 06:46 PM
I like the high profit down that way. Bear, moose, elk and deer

moosinaround
05-14-2011, 08:17 PM
Well I went down the greg for some spring bear, and was very dissapoined to say the least. For the first few km garbage was everywhere near the road and on it, and also I didnt see any sign of bear, only a few moose prints, the whole area has been sprayed with herbicided. Lets just say I dont thinkI will be going down there again for a while.
The garbage down the Gregg Pi$$es me off too! No respect! Pay the Fa%kin 6 bucks and get rid of it at the dump!! Cheap lazy FAcks!!! Now as for herbicide, I am thinking that maybe the trees have yet to break bud and start leaf out?? I hunt periodically down the Gregg, with not much success;) Take a bear from the blackwater, especially down the Taeko as there are lots of them there!! Good luck with the bruin hunting!! Moosin

ape
05-15-2011, 12:25 AM
Talk to a fella I know has a cabin out at Bobtail and he is seeing 5-6 bears a day out there.

Bowzone_Mikey
05-15-2011, 07:23 AM
friend tried the greg the other day got to KM 14 and had to turn around ... at the steep hill and shit load of snow ...evidently it looked like someone attemped it and slid back down

ryanhuntslots
05-15-2011, 08:15 AM
Went down the tako on mothers day,, yes it was the wifes choice, saw a couple. The boy took a nice peperoni bear, Wife holding out for a cinnamon.
http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb336/rynguy30/matsbear2011001.jpg

ianwuzhere
05-15-2011, 04:16 PM
awesome- nice pic- good follow up to the thread! go find his granddaddy now!!