PDA

View Full Version : Black bears around Sugar lake

patdel
05-13-2011, 08:33 PM
Just wondering if anyone has had any experience hunting black bears near Sugar lake ? I am heading there for the long weekend and any info would be appreciated. Thanks , Pat

Fishhound
05-13-2011, 09:14 PM
I have never hunted up Sugar lake area, but if I was going to go hunting up Highway 6 I think I would keep going past the Sugar lake turnoff and go up into Christian valley, much larger area, way less people.
But be aware there is no shortage of grizzly bears in Christian valley

boxhitch
05-13-2011, 09:27 PM
Nothing wrong with Sugar Lake/Shuswap River for any game. Nice ridges south east of the lake, Sitkum Cr. Viddler Ridge
Lots of sledders riding the glaciers further up the valley, so careful where you park.

Can't comment on the access or snowline, but the swamps along the bottom should have some green ??? by now ??
Greenbush probably still has ice fishing this year.

Gunner
05-14-2011, 10:59 AM
The Sugar Lake area also harbours good numbers of grizzlies.Outlet,Kate and Sitkum creek valleys will all have blackies and grizzlies out and about if the slides are open. Gunner

Tuffcity
05-15-2011, 08:46 AM
Might be worth-while checking out Fraser Lake trail Rd if the snow is off. Lots of clover on the deactivated side roads and on top. You stand a good chance of seeing every colour phase of bear up there.

RC