PDA

View Full Version : pratt lake area current snow levels

butthead
05-12-2011, 10:52 AM
hi there iam looking for current snow levels at pratt lake near monty lake
am thinking of going camping may long weekend and just wondering if it will be accessible

fester
05-12-2011, 10:53 AM
I love ice fishing up that way!!

KevinB
05-12-2011, 10:32 PM
Hard to say - you should try calling the FS District office in Kamloops, find out who's operating area it is (might be on the TFL?), then call them. If the have any planters out they'll have a good idea of access and snow levels.

butthead
05-13-2011, 01:17 AM
thanks
will do that
or i could just take fester ice fishing

fester
05-13-2011, 08:42 AM
totally think that would be a good idea. Its gorgeous up that way. I live in PG but my in laws live about 5 mins from Monte Lake so thats where we have hunted for years, and ice fished.

Westslope
05-13-2011, 08:56 AM
It's plowed up to 28km on the George Creek road for sure. George Creek starts at 3.25 on the Private main which is also plowed for quite a few kms. Not sure if your coming from Kamloops or the Okanagan but if your coming from Kamloops and take the shortcut be prepared to spend some time at the car wash.

butthead
05-13-2011, 04:49 PM
iam thinking i might have to take a dry run up that way to find out just how much snow is left there
coming form kelowna

butthead
05-14-2011, 07:48 PM
well took a quad ride to prat to day and snow is gone all the way to the lake
about 60 percent of the lake is still frozen
went up a little futher and got good and stuck on the quad decided to turn around and come back
no fish jumping at the lake

fester
05-14-2011, 07:56 PM
see any beasts??

I bet if you go up there next weekend you will have good fishing

Dirty Steve
05-15-2011, 08:49 AM
Try to get into Blackwell Lk, supposed to be wicked fishing in there. University of Calgary did a big study in Pratt last year, early Sept and netted a a bunch while we were there. Nothing over about a lb and a half, mostly little guys. Blackwell is supposed to have big fish!

butthead
05-16-2011, 12:18 PM
Try to get into Blackwell Lk, supposed to be wicked fishing in there. University of Calgary did a big study in Pratt last year, early Sept and netted a a bunch while we were there. Nothing over about a lb and a half, mostly little guys. Blackwell is supposed to have big fish!

where is this blackwell and what more can you tell me about it

Dirty Steve
05-17-2011, 07:00 AM
Just past Pratt. South on Pratt Main about 3 kms, turn up Weyman. Head up Weyman about 3 kms? There will be a sign on the left to Dardanelles, just past there you turn right and a quad trail takes you into Blackwell. No truck access. There is also a trail about 200 yards before Pratt on the north end that curves around the back of Pratt and heads in the direction on Blackwell. I rode my quad in about 2 or 3 kms through swamps etc.. but never got to Blackwell on the trail, had my mini hunter with me and it got a little squirley.
I haven't fished it but the old boys from Monte Lk make it sound epic. Anything hike in has to be good!