PDA

View Full Version : Norrish creek fsr gate

HUNTERTREV
05-11-2011, 05:16 PM
hey just wondering what the deal is with the big gate at the 8km mark of the Norrish creek fsr, is it closed to hunting or motor vehicles past the gate? i have seen guys go past the gate on quads and bikes but not sure of the rules on that either? also when is the gate open and when is closed?

Kamikazi
05-11-2011, 07:33 PM
There's not supposed to anyone going past it. It has to do with the water treatment plant and the problems up at the intake where the water comes from. There also looking at expand the capacity if the plant so they need more environmental control near the intake. Should all be explained on the sign at the gate. Also new cameras installed at the plant that are aimed down at the gate to record plates, etc. And yes. I do security up there so I know what I'm talking about.

limit time
05-11-2011, 07:44 PM
I go up there all the time, never ever seen security? I even asked a guy at the treatment plant if we were allowed past it, he said its all crown land but the gate closes at 5.

lip stains the third
05-11-2011, 10:44 PM
last time I was up there was a sign stating the road was closed from sometime in the AM to 6pm monday to friday. Im guessing only closed during logging hours.

limit time
05-12-2011, 07:02 PM
^ I go up there all times of the day, never seen it closed.

Dieseldog6
05-13-2011, 10:35 PM
The road will soon be closed to any unauthorized people because the water intake is being replaced including the pipe running along the road all the way back to the treatment plant. I think security will likely be present 24hrs to protect against vandalism and theft of equipment. I also think the future access might be more tightly controlled as well because the new intake structure will be much more substantial. However, with that said, I want to find out exactly what authority the AMWSC has to restrict access to what I think is still regular crown land. Anyone know?