PDA

View Full Version : Mule Deer bag limit in 7A

todbartell
08-08-2006, 03:32 PM
with the new youth antlerless mule deer seasons in Region 7A, can a youth hunter harvest a doe AND a buck?

thanks in advance :smile:

Micky Finn
08-08-2006, 07:08 PM
REGIONAL BAG LIMITS

Deer:The bag limit for mule (black-tailed) deer
in Region 7A and 7B (Omineca/Peace) is three.
Only one buck may be taken in region 7A and 7B
combined.The bag limit for mule deer bucks in 7B
is one in two years, therefore a hunter who takes a
mule deer buck in 7B cannot take another in 7B
until the calendar year of the kill and subsequent
calendar year have expired. One mule deer may be
antlerless available only under a Limited Entry
Hunting authorization.The bag limit for white-tailed
deer is one.

I am on the CRWAC (Region 5) and have we have just instituted a "Youth Only" season as well. My reading of this section would be 1 in 7A, 1 in 7B and possibly one anterless all in the same year, so Yes as the "Youth Only" season is seperate from the GOS.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Never Give Up, Never Give In

todbartell
08-08-2006, 08:52 PM
thats good

Ive been trying to get ahold of the local CO but its tough, no answering machine (dont blame them!) :razz:

PGKris
08-09-2006, 01:20 PM
So if I read that right, a youth hunter CAN take a buck and a doe?

dana
08-09-2006, 04:11 PM
If the Jr hunter has a LEH doe tag, they can kill 2 does and a buck the way I read it.

todbartell
08-09-2006, 05:06 PM
got the word from the CO today, its either a doe or a buck, not both!

dana
08-09-2006, 05:23 PM
Doesn't say that anywhere in the Regs. It says 3 mule deer bag limit. With only 1 buck allowed in 7a and 7b combined. How do you suppose you can acheive the regional bag limit?

todbartell
08-09-2006, 05:28 PM
Im not sure, but thats what he said. Since its both open general seasons, its either a buck or a doe, not both. If it was LEH Im sure that'd be different? :confused:

dana
08-09-2006, 08:01 PM
Maybe he was confusing the youth whitetail seasons. Since the bag limit for whitetails in Region 7 is 1, it definately would be an either a buck or a doe situation. Just can't see that in the wording of the mule deer bag limits though.

PGKris
08-10-2006, 03:11 PM
Well you can get the regional bag limit by shooting a buck in 7A or 7B and a doe in each...correct? I'm curious now because I want to take my cousin out and if he shoots a doe in the youth season, can he also shoot a buck in the GOS?

dana
08-10-2006, 03:18 PM
PGKris,
The way I read it, you are correct. That would be the only way to get a 3 mule deer regional bag limit for Region 7. If it was an either/or situation they would have worded it that way. The whitetails are a no brainer as the regional baglimit is 1. If a youth shoots a whitetail doe, they have fullfilled the Regional baglimit of 1 whitetail.