PDA

View Full Version : Edziza Goats?

pickaspot
05-10-2011, 10:16 PM
I was wondering if anyone has tried for goats in Edziza? Seems like a spectacular area to check out for landscape alone, and if a guy had a tag in his pocket all the better. I'm sure there are better areas for goats, but I think it would be cool hunt (hike) regardless.

What are your thoughts?! Thanks for your insight and shoot straight!

ryanb
05-11-2011, 01:39 AM
I was wondering if anyone has tried for goats in Edziza? Seems like a spectacular area to check out for landscape alone, and if a guy had a tag in his pocket all the better. I'm sure there are better areas for goats, but I think it would be cool hunt (hike) regardless.

What are your thoughts?! Thanks for your insight and shoot straight!

It's a funny area, never seen many goats in the park zone itself from the helicopter while working in the area. More goats in the surrounding open areas.

180grainer
05-11-2011, 10:16 AM
I hunted the area for goats in 1995 and managed to get one. Not a booner but a nice goat. Saw quite a few, but to be honest there are easier goats elsewhere. As for the scenery....spectacular, you won't be disappointed.

M@B
05-11-2011, 10:52 AM
I haven't been personaly but, a friend of mine was up there a couple years ago and managed to get a goat in short order and from his photo's the land scape is awsome!

Ridgeback Fan
06-02-2011, 04:22 PM
Taken two out of there. Nothing special. Both between 8 and 9, but there are lots around in some places. Saw one that would go between 9 and 10, but he gave us the slip. From what I have seen looking at the animals and the growth rings, the goats further south grow a lot faster / bigger but I'm no "expert". We took a big ram too. PM me if you want. Sorry not pictures going up.