PDA

View Full Version : Nelson/Willow point

Philcott
05-10-2011, 09:29 AM
Hi all,

My son has just been sent up to Willow Point to work construction for about 4 weeks, he's going on 20 and likes to fish and the outdoors.

I was wondering if any of you locals might be interested in taking him out to show him a couple of spots. Fishing holes, hot springs or other cool places the area has to offer.

He is working and free time will be limited but if something can be worked out that would be great.

At the last minute he grabbed his spinning rod and reel but didn't have time to grab anything else.

Last time he was out of town for work he spent 8 weeks in Whitehorse and was thinking Nelson and area would be the same kind of thing. I told him he would be pleasantly surprised.

He's a good kid.

Thanks for considering.

Devilbear
05-10-2011, 09:56 AM
The hotsprings are at Ainsworth, some 25-30 miles north of Willow Point on the same road and are now commercial and one pays to swim there.

The fishing can be very good right at WP, off the shore and from a boat, check the regs. VERY carefully as they are complex and the enforcement can be quite strict. It is early, yet, he needs to fish the later season for Kokanee and some rainbows.

Philcott
05-11-2011, 08:44 AM
Wednesday bump. I'll only bump a couple times.

Philcott
05-13-2011, 07:26 AM
last bump..

Thanks.

rides bike to work
05-13-2011, 03:08 PM
Ive done good fishing the mouth of coffee creek this time of year caught some nice rainbows if you can head to castlegar the the columbia is always producing even off shore

d6dan
05-13-2011, 03:40 PM
Lots of walleye in the river system. Fish the Kootenay just up from the confluence of the Columbia. Most fishers do this after dark, I've had some great fishing at night there..As far as the lake goes.. he should look for a guide or somebody with knowledge to show him some great "Gerard Rainbow" fishing..Big fish waiting to be played :-D.

Philcott
05-15-2011, 10:18 AM
Thanks for the info. I'll pass it on to him.