PDA

View Full Version : RAW food, scraps from your next hunt.

goldenducks?
05-08-2011, 08:02 PM
I am feeding my dog a raw diet, hes allergic to the corn/grain in kibble, so I just feed him a variety of meat, bones and organs
Its getting pretty expensive since since my uncle moved back home, and doesn't hunt here anymore

I can take any organs, muscle meat, bones, scrap meat.. anything you don't want, I'd gladly take all of it!!!

ANY extra parts from any animals appreciated!

I live in the lower mainland (delta area) and could drive as far as chilliwack,

you'd really be helping a young student and her dog!!

Thanks,

BillBraskii
05-08-2011, 08:27 PM
read the wolf thread.
some good info in there.
It's not good practice to feed domestic dogs the organs of wild game.

goldenducks?
05-08-2011, 08:31 PM
Sorry, but what is a wolf thread...?

Gunner
05-08-2011, 08:34 PM
Organ meat probably isn't a good idea.Game meat is good,I use it with ground vegatables for my old Labs.Salmon and Halibut that have been in the freezer a while are also on their menu.They also get Vitamin E and Milkthistle.Table scraps are verboten.Gravy,butter and grease will give them pancreatitis,don't ask me how I know that! Gunner

goldenducks?
05-08-2011, 08:47 PM
"Do not overdo the organ meat! Organs are incredibly nutrient rich and are a necessary component of an appropriate raw diet, since these are a vital source of vitamins and minerals for your pets. Too much organ meat can lead to loose stools and a bout with diarrhea (which clears up quickly when the next meal comes through)."

"If you are feeding wild game, it is recommended that you check it thoroughly for shot and that you freeze it for at least 24 hours prior to feeding to kill any parasites. If you know your source, however, the freezing is not always necessary. It is just recommended. Be aware that upland game birds (quail, pheasant, dove, etc.) are all shot with lead shot. If a dog or cat ingests the lead pellets, lead poisoning can occur. So if you feed these animals, check them thoroughly for lead pellets. Wild game is a wonderful addition to any carnivore's diet."

Its actually a good part of their diet .. I feed Him y 80% meat, 10% bone, 10% organs...??