PDA

View Full Version : Roads near bear lake???

rafike
05-08-2011, 06:11 PM
are the logging roads towards the parsnip, still snowed in or are they open, would like to put a boat in, the parsnip. Any info appreciated.

kgriz
05-08-2011, 10:42 PM
Try phoning the Forest Service District Office in PG...I really doubt that its plowed, and if its not good luck, there is a ton of snow here still......I can't get into my zone east of town either . We are 2-3 weeks behind "normal" conditions.

CanuckShooter
05-08-2011, 11:09 PM
are the logging roads towards the parsnip, still snowed in or are they open, would like to put a boat in, the parsnip. Any info appreciated.

A big jet boat I hope....the parsnip will be raging this time of year.

Schmaus
05-09-2011, 05:37 PM
I'm pretty sure the road is plowed right to the Parsnip, just passed Tacheeda Lake. I'm not one hundred percent but I know its plowed very close to the Parsnip.

kgriz
05-09-2011, 06:59 PM
wasn't plowed to tcheeda all winter......maybe 2-3 km to powerline from highway

sako7mm
05-09-2011, 08:22 PM
no access to the parsnip through Tacheeda or the 700rd. You can get to Bills Road just past tacheeda lakes and only 22km up the 700. There was active logging in there this winter/spring.

moosinaround
05-09-2011, 08:30 PM
It's gotta be getting close. Last year the whole back end of the upper Hominka drainage was clear, with only snow on the higher elevations around 46-56ishkm's of the 700 rd. With temps in the mid teens to low twenties forcasted next weekend, it should be really close for the weekend of the 14th/15th May, and good to go for the long weekend for sure. Just watch the bridges, cause there is lots of snow to come down from the hills and it may be dry when you park, and flooded and washed out when you get back!! Moosin