PDA

View Full Version : Pal asap?

matt16
05-08-2011, 02:12 PM
I need to get my PAL course completed as soon as possible, in the LML. Anyone know someone teaching the course? I'm looking for non-restricted as I will be using rifles and shotguns. I don't need CORE urgently.

huntwriter
05-08-2011, 02:26 PM
Here is a link to the C.O.R.E. examiner list (http://www.bcwf.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=156&Itemid=604) (there are lots of examiners in the LML) that also provide the firearm course needed to obtain a PAL card.

Bowzone_Mikey
05-08-2011, 03:16 PM
you need a Pal ... but you dont need a Core urgently ...suggesting that you are not planning to hunt .... but plan to shot ... at a range ? you dont need a PAL if you are in direct supervision of a PAL holder ... you do however need a CORE to get your hunters number annd therefore Licenses

matt16
05-08-2011, 03:30 PM
Bowzone_Mikey; its for a job I'm looking at getting. No time to hunt, I'm a full time angler at the moment.

Thanks, I found the information I needed on that link.

huntwriter
05-08-2011, 03:33 PM
you need a Pal ... but you dont need a Core urgently ...suggesting that you are not planning to hunt .... but plan to shot ... at a range ? you dont need a PAL if you are in direct supervision of a PAL holder ... you do however need a CORE to get your hunters number annd therefore Licenses

Maybe he does not want to be supervised by a PAL holder when he could have his own card. It's called independence. :)

bighornbob
05-08-2011, 08:14 PM
Bowzone_Mikey; its for a job I'm looking at getting. No time to hunt, I'm a full time angler at the moment.

Thanks, I found the information I needed on that link.

Passing your PAL course is one thing getting the card is a whole different game.

I have had the PAL test done within a few hours of calling the examiner. You then still have to send it in and wait to get approved. Once you send it in I bet it will take at least 6 weeks for them to go over it. Hope you can wait that long.

I know years ago I phoned them (the PAL people) and requested a purple envelop. It for people that need their PAL for work. I guess the purple envelop speeds you up to the front of the line. This is going back about 10 years so not sure if they still have the purple envelop or not but you have nothing to lose by asking.