PDA

View Full Version : Yohetta Lake

Big G Hunter
05-08-2011, 07:07 AM
Anyone ever hunted in the Yohetta valley for Goats? I've applied for a goat draw there this year. Got a draw there about 3 years ago but never really got to hunt. Biked 9km to the lake but wasn't able to cross the crk at bottom of lake. Was 4km past that to end of lake and another 2 km back down the other side. Only had 3 days to hunt so couldn't really make it worthwhile.

Sure is beautiful country. Have heard of guys having pretty good success there. Could fly in and out for $1000 per man cash, but seems pretty steep for a goat. After spending all summer in Kimberly, last year working, and seeing a ton of goats I've got a new excitement to go goat hunting.

Any help would be great!

dana
05-08-2011, 07:29 AM
Have hunted in there from the Chilco side. Took a boat down the lake and hiked in. Trails were in bad bad shape that year with a ton of blowdown. Have heard they have cleaned them out since then but with the winds in that country and the ups and downs of Parks BC's budgets, it could be nasty again. I wasn't hunting goats but I did see a ton of them in there.

.330 Dakota
05-08-2011, 07:42 AM
I have hunted that area twice and seen many goats, we got one one year and got skunked the 2nd year. Beautifull country in there.
We went in on the east side of Taseko Lake down to Powell Creek and hunted 5-04 J the trails were great and the base camp is on the river.
There is an old griz in there so when in the alpine keep a watch, he makes for some great photo's, as he is a nice size.
We watched him chase marmots for about an hour one day, it was quite comical

Big G Hunter
05-08-2011, 08:15 AM
I have hunted that area twice and seen many goats, we got one one year and got skunked the 2nd year. Beautifull country in there.
We went in on the east side of Taseko Lake down to Powell Creek and hunted 5-04 J the trails were great and the base camp is on the river.
There is an old griz in there so when in the alpine keep a watch, he makes for some great photo's, as he is a nice size.
We watched him chase marmots for about an hour one day, it was quite comical

Hey Dakota,
You must have boated down the lake to the creek. Where did you launch from? The road we went in was pretty ugly for any boat trailer of any size.
Where we went in our trails were in good shape as there was a guy using his quad to bring in supplies to build his cabin at the end o the lake

.330 Dakota
05-08-2011, 08:25 AM
Hey Dakota,
You must have boated down the lake to the creek. Where did you launch from? The road we went in was pretty ugly for any boat trailer of any size.
Where we went in our trails were in good shape as there was a guy using his quad to bring in supplies to build his cabin at the end o the lake

Uh no, we drove our pickups all the way into the old airstrip at Battlement Ridge. There is a quad restriction in there, although we almost squashed a native that came sliding around a corner toward us on a little Honda Fourtrax. I guess the rules dont apply to some.
If you go in from Hanceville on HWY 20, then to the Davidson Bridge and swing left(south) you will drive past Taseko Lake lodge and Taseko Lake, and the area of Fish Lake (Prosperity Project) into the bottom end of Taseko Lake and keep going.
When you run out of road....your'e there...LOL