PDA

View Full Version : I Want to Hunt Elk

Byson
08-07-2006, 12:39 PM
I want to hunt Elk after years of trying the leh route, what are some good ideas to hunt, i might be intrested in tagging along if someone needs some one to hunt with, I take hunting serious i have lots of gear and when not hunting im not serious

chevy
08-09-2006, 08:38 PM
Why not buy a tag and head down to the kootenays if you have never hunted elk before the best place to see lots of nice bulls and probably get a wack at one for someone who has never hunted elk and wants a great hunting experience is the bull river area

Jelvis
08-10-2006, 04:04 AM
Thats right, the Bull, or Quinn creek, or white swan, go in at elces. The beauty and gorgeous country alone is worth the trip. Goats in the mountains, Grizz, blacks,whites, mules, sheep, bulls and cows. Hunt in on the road closures look in the slides and rocky draws for elk and start callin. You could see a 6 point bull elk. My bro lives in Cranbrook, says he sees four big bucks by the road to work and elk too, between Wasa, and skookumchuck, lots of elk this year he says. good scoutin, good hikin, good huntin. Jelly Roll.

Ramshot
08-10-2006, 11:06 AM
If you want to hunt elk you gotta go or at least try and experience the Muskwa/Tuchodi! It is heavy with elk and even though horn size ain't spectacular there are lots of em! A guy just has to get off the river and hike an hour or so to get away from river hunters! I'm heading up there Sept 4th in my HD tuchodi jet-boat with my brother and his friend. If I didn't have a couple guys goin I would always be lookin for someone to split the fuel bill with:D.