PDA

View Full Version : Huge Cariboo mount:

backroads
05-04-2011, 11:01 AM
I"m not sure where to post this , thought i"ll try here. Have a friend who has a beautiful head&rack mount he"s thinking of selling, wifey says its too big for wall, asked me if i would post it to see if anyone would be interested in such a mount??? scores nearly 400. thx BR.

KB90
05-04-2011, 11:07 AM
That Sucks!

Cold day in hell before I would sell one of my trophies, cause it is "too big for the wall"

tomahawk
05-04-2011, 11:29 AM
Keep the mount, get rid of the wife!! Its only going to get worse for him unless he gets some balls in the relationship!!

Stone Sheep Steve
05-04-2011, 12:28 PM
Keep the mount, get rid of the wife!! Its only going to get worse for him unless he gets some balls in the relationship!!

I think she's replacing the caribou mount with a mount of his balls since his balls are obviously not that big:?

I had a buddy go through the same thing. I got a call from my hunting partner to come over and help him hang his new caribou mount. After a lot of screaming and yelling I came home with his mount but that wasn't the final decision. Let's just say the divorce was a good move.:)

SSS

bowhunterbruce
05-04-2011, 12:51 PM
suggest that your buddy see if he could hang it at his local sporting goods store on display until his wife moves out
bhb

KB90
05-04-2011, 12:53 PM
Yeah I wouldn't sell it. Have a friend hold on to it, or display it at a store.

Perhaps he could put it another room? Or ask his wife to move out?......:)

Krico
05-04-2011, 01:02 PM
400 inch caribou are not that easy to find. Nagging wives on the other hand...

pnbrock
05-04-2011, 01:16 PM
She's got to go. Divorse is expensive because it's worth it!!

wicket
05-04-2011, 01:54 PM
ah the joys of marriage.........sometimes I think the cold boney fingers of death wrapped around my heart would be better than spending another day married...aside from when she speaks mines the best wife a guy could ask for :-D

greenhorn
05-04-2011, 03:36 PM
ah the joys of marriage.........sometimes I think the cold boney fingers of death wrapped around my heart would be better than spending another day married...aside from when she speaks mines the best wife a guy could ask for :-D

Oh dear!! Don't despair, there are great women out there. My wife has no interest in hunting but always loves to hear my stories and gets jazzed when I bring something home.

4 point
05-04-2011, 03:54 PM
I had the same problem with the nicest mulie I had ever taken. Shot him in Nov. got him back the next May. Wife had forgotten all about the mount being done. Was very upset when she received that call it was ready for pickup. Said "it was never hanging in the house". After "discussing" the matter she said I could hang it in the garage. Then she got support from our daughter and other females at her office who said they would never allow a "dead animal" to be hung in their house. Well it went straight up on the wall in the TV/computer room and it is still there today. End of story.

sawmill
05-04-2011, 04:00 PM
You can always find a woman to bitch you out but a 400 Boo...............once in a life time.As long as the bills are paid,you ain`t got a girl on the side and there is lots of food in the house,and you boink her from time to time you are golden.

greenhorn
05-04-2011, 04:05 PM
You can always find a woman to bitch you out but a 400 Boo...............once in a life time.As long as the bills are paid,you ain`t got a girl on the side and there is lots of food in the house,and you boink her from time to time you are golden.

LOL your wife must be so happy and proud!!!

Moose Guide
05-04-2011, 04:42 PM
That Sucks!

Cold day in hell before I would sell one of my trophies, cause it is "too big for the wall"

My wife is a keeper, and antlers just arn't that important! In elk season she meets me at the door with my rifle an tells me to go kill an elk, selling my antlers would be no big deal!

Whisky Creek
05-04-2011, 06:19 PM
I had the same problem with the nicest mulie I had ever taken. Shot him in Nov. got him back the next May. Wife had forgotten all about the mount being done. Was very upset when she received that call it was ready for pickup. Said "it was never hanging in the house". After "discussing" the matter she said I could hang it in the garage. Then she got support from our daughter and other females at her office who said they would never allow a "dead animal" to be hung in their house. Well it went straight up on the wall in the TV/computer room and it is still there today. End of story.

:) My wife just tried the same thing when I spread my "recently tanned" 48 sq ft bison hide on our bed. She seemed pretty serious about it so I "relented" and now have it hanging on the second floor banister where I actually wanted it! Tell the OP's buddy to hang the caribou on the bedroom wall for a while and she'll soon be happy about it moving back to it's original display spot! :)

sawmill
05-04-2011, 06:27 PM
LOL your wife must be so happy and proud!!!

Hey,I bought a new washer and dryer!Course she is.

BlackwaterMerc
05-04-2011, 06:35 PM
Im gonna let my wife read this thread, see what she thinks. Hahaha You guys are hilarious. If she doesnt want it on the wall, hand it from the ceiling above your bed. Tell her, "See" it could always be worse.

Rackmastr
05-04-2011, 07:02 PM
My wife just complains when HER taxidermy doesnt get done quick enough....and is already planning where HER ram is going and what part of the wall she gets....haha...

The next up on her plans is the lifesize black bear, but we gotta get that shot first!!

Man oh man....selling a big old caribou....crazy!!

yukon john
05-04-2011, 08:30 PM
Hey,I bought a new washer and dryer!Course she is.

thats sweet mine still has to wash clothes in the creek

GRIZZEZE
05-04-2011, 08:56 PM
All I have to say is that persistence pays.

My wife said that there is no way that she would ever have a "dead head" in our house. After I got my whitetail back, it had to live in a very small hunting room, and with a lot of persistence, I won.
The mount is now in the living room for everyone to enjoy. My kids love it, they have a deer in the house.

Now for the secret: I did not let her hang any of the nice pictures that she bought on my freshly painted walls, because I did not want to put any holes in the wall, unless.................... the rest is hystory.

Now I am working on the bear rugs:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Divorce costs too much money and there is always another way, get creative, and wait until she wants something to get your way

hunter1947
05-05-2011, 02:25 AM
The wife goes the mount stays if it was me in this boat.

tomahawk
05-05-2011, 06:28 AM

That's what I'm talkin about, a man with balls!!

With this cariboo its not the wife's decision "alone", a marriage is 50/50. Obviously this guys wife knows he likes hunting and that he got a great boo and that he took it to get mounted and now she says he can't hang it??? The boy is brow beat!!

sawmill
05-05-2011, 07:01 AM
Whipped is more like it.

CanuckShooter
05-05-2011, 07:32 AM
I"m not sure where to post this , thought i"ll try here. Have a friend who has a beautiful head&rack mount he"s thinking of selling, wifey says its too big for wall, asked me if i would post it to see if anyone would be interested in such a mount??? scores nearly 400. thx BR.

I'll give her $50 for it.......you got a number??

ianwuzhere
05-05-2011, 07:37 AM
ill hop on the bashin wagon too- i think canuckshooter wants a pic of her and a phone # and something about "mounting" came up- i wasnt really listenin ;) ;) hehe jk.
-You mite have to get a bigger shop or a "trophy room"..

Wild Images
05-05-2011, 07:39 AM
Why not take it down and hang it in WSS or such instead of getting rid of it ?
Then he can spend more time down there looking at it than he does with the wife and maybe she will get the hint !

180grainer
05-05-2011, 09:18 AM
Do you have a pic of the mount just out of interest sake?

backroads
05-06-2011, 12:05 PM
Thanks for all the interesting replys about BOO mount. I'm so not computer savey, I'm working on getting pics posted. Turns out the only one I know who knows how to do it is his wife! But come HELL or HIGHWATER i will GIT ER DONE!thx, BR.

paw325
05-06-2011, 02:58 PM
Just tell her to "GIT"

Whisky Creek
05-06-2011, 03:35 PM
Just tell her to "GIT"

Don't you mean "Git, git, GIT!!!!" ? :)

Darksith
05-06-2011, 07:02 PM
I need to see a picture of it

hunter1947
05-08-2011, 03:19 AM
Tell your friend that he can store this cariboo mount at my home till he gets his divorce I known that this kind of thing has happened in the past you do things like this to make ends meet in your marriage then bang the marriage comes apart in a few years and you wish you had not got rid of the dream mount you once had ,my advice is to find some friends place to store this mount and see what happens down the road you never know???.