PDA

View Full Version : 7-16 question

lip_ripper00
05-03-2011, 04:55 PM
I have hunted 7-23 in the past and have floated the Parsnip from The Anaz to the power lines many times. I am looking for a place on the 7-16 side we stopped for a break. their was an old bridge (the pilings where still visible) confluence of a river The Reynolds Creek? I was a short walk, less than a km to a maintained fsr any idea what this road is called and how it is accessed? Thanks for any help

moosinaround
05-03-2011, 07:23 PM
So was the road to the west or the east of the Parsnip? I am thinking it was the Hodda FSR or the 500 rd?? That would be on the west side of the river. Reynolds comes out out on the east side of the Parsnip just about 100 yrds from the Hodda. The Hodda 500 rd is accessed form hwy 97 North by whiskers bay resort on Mcleod lake. Good moose and elk hunting in there. Moosin

Ride Red
05-03-2011, 07:32 PM
It is Hodda Lake road. Hunted up there for quite a few years. Moose hunting is OK, but never saw an elk anywhere. Ever since they opened up an early LEH season up there, its been very busy, kind of like Walmart on a sale. Watch for Grizzly as there are some big bear in that country.

moosinaround
05-03-2011, 08:33 PM
Keep looking along the hydro line and the adjacent cutblocks. You will see the elk in there! Seen them hit along the hwy just before and after Mcleod lake! Would suck to find a nice 6x? and not be able to bag it??!!! Just sayin...........................!!! Moosin

lip_ripper00
05-03-2011, 10:55 PM
moosin Red Ride, thanks for the info, because the Hodda crossing is on the East side I thought Hodda Lake was one of the un named lakes on the West side. Hell I have even found a map that shows the crossing at the Parsnip to the old logging camp. I was in their about 10 years ago but we came in from the Colbourne Rd side cheers!