4ptbuck
05-03-2011, 01:04 PM
In last year’s 10/11 LEH synopsis, the orange one it specifically says:

If any member of a group applying for a Shared
Hunt has been drawn for a Moose in the
previous three years, then the entire group
will be treated as previously successful and
their odds will be reduced.

In this year’s 11/12 LEH synopsis, the blue one, it does not mention anywhere in the synopsis that an individual that has reduced odds impacts the entire group. THEREFORE, should only the person that was drawn get reduced odds? Especially if you put in with a different set of guys than last year who didn't get drawn?

i've email, and chatted with 'Ian' from the LEH office. He basically said oops, but nothing has changed. Sorry for the omission.

Is that right? Shouldn't the LEH office, either make an amendment, or run the draw with only 1 person (assuming 1 here) with reduced odds?

x-hare
05-03-2011, 02:04 PM
read page 2 --- What are your chances. Bottom of the page.
And you just gotta learn to share

4ptbuck
05-03-2011, 02:07 PM
WHAT ARE YOUR CHANCES?
For the main (June 11) draw in 2010, the Fish,
Wildlife and Habitat Management Branch
received more than 165,000 applications and
issued roughly 27,000 authorizations for 8
species. Therefore on average, only one in
every 6 applications was successful in 2010.
The LEH draw is random, like a lottery, and
there are no guarantees that any individual
will be successful over time.

However, if you were successful in receiving
an authorization for any species except
antlerless deer, your odds may be reduced.
For Elk in Regions 1 or 2 and for moose
anywhere in the province, your odds are
reduced by 66% for 3 years after being
successful. For any other species (except
deer) your odds are reduced by 50% for one
year only. This is called ‘enhanced odds’ and
it reduces the number of people who receive
authorizations repeatedly.

4ptbuck
05-03-2011, 02:08 PM
the above post is a cut and paste.

Where does it say it impacts an entire group for a shared hunt?

Buckzilla
05-03-2011, 02:40 PM
That sucks! Our group of 4 for this years draw included a sucsesful last years moose applicant. We looked the synopsis up and down beleiving that only his Odds would be reduced. I havn't been drawn in years and will be pizzed if their ommission in the synopsis keeps it that way for the other 3 of us. I gotta call LEH office apparently!!?! Wish i hadn't dumped that envelope in the mail last week before reading this thread. ARGH!!!

JLsteel
05-03-2011, 02:43 PM
the above post is a cut and paste.

Where does it day it impacts an entire group for a shared hunt?

I am not sure if I am reading the LEH synopsis correct or not but here is the excerpt and my interpretation

SHARED HUNTS

When applying for a shared moose hunt, each
member is entered in the draw individually,
meaning your group has up to 4 chances to
win. Groups of two will be allowed to take
one Moose only, and a group of three or
four will be allowed to take two Moose only.
No group member may take more than one
Moose and must cease hunting in the LEH
shared hunt when he or she has harvested a
Moose, as the annual Moose bag limit for a
hunter is one.

The shared hunt everyone gets entered individually therefore the person that was drawn in previous year will get reduced odds but it will not affect the others' individual draw odds. However as a whole group the odds are reduced because of that one persons reduced odds.

4ptbuck
05-03-2011, 02:45 PM
that's what it says this year, and how I THOUGHT it might work.

but last year was different.

MuleyMadness
05-05-2011, 01:42 PM
I am not sure if I am reading the LEH synopsis correct or not but here is the excerpt and my interpretation

SHARED HUNTS

When applying for a shared moose hunt, each
member is entered in the draw individually,
meaning your group has up to 4 chances to
win. Groups of two will be allowed to take
one Moose only, and a group of three or
four will be allowed to take two Moose only.
No group member may take more than one
Moose and must cease hunting in the LEH
shared hunt when he or she has harvested a
Moose, as the annual Moose bag limit for a
hunter is one.

The shared hunt everyone gets entered individually therefore the person that was drawn in previous year will get reduced odds but it will not affect the others' individual draw odds. However as a whole group the odds are reduced because of that one persons reduced odds.

That is my interpretation as well. It's not as though the odds really matter anyways everyone...it's a fricken lottery, and a slightly less percentage chance isn't the end of the world. I know a person who has gotten 3 local Kamloops moose draws, in 3 years...it's just luck.

CanuckShooter
05-05-2011, 03:06 PM
That is my interpretation as well. It's not as though the odds really matter anyways everyone...it's a fricken lottery, and a slightly less percentage chance isn't the end of the world. I know a person who has gotten 3 local Kamloops moose draws, in 3 years...it's just luck.

Totally agree...I know a lady got bull moose 4 out of 5 consecutive years.....in the same MU....enhanced odds means sweetfkall.

bigben
05-05-2011, 07:11 PM
Totally agree...I know a lady got bull moose 4 out of 5 consecutive years.....in the same MU....enhanced odds means sweetfkall.
Seen that happenend quite a bit in my area same people getting the draws year after year ..................its a shameful system and we don t rally enough to have it changed ...........you can go a lifetime without getting a moose draw.............you have a better change of going to alberta which i did and get a moose draw one in three years ..........but yet they do not listen here to do the same thing ................ my two cents worth

4ptbuck
05-06-2011, 09:55 PM
still think the draw is messed up. they should do what they print,... or post a correction.

Ike
05-07-2011, 10:11 PM
It's all a lottery, a buddy's group has been draw for moose four years in a row so reduced odd groups still can win.