View Full Version : Maximus crossbows ?

SimilkameenSlayer
05-01-2011, 04:41 PM
any good?

i'm curious.

thanks. :)

Bow Walker
05-01-2011, 04:45 PM
One fellow on here had a "not-so-good" experience with his - but the Canadian Distributor made good on the problem. Made in China (so I read) but that shouldn't present a problem as long as the "company" stands behind them - and they appear to be doing that.

ROEBUCK
05-01-2011, 05:11 PM
I would pay the extra $ and get the excaliber.And then you wont have any regrets.,and if you decide to sell at a later date it will still have some value.
"buy cheap buy twice as the saying goes"

The Hermit
05-01-2011, 11:56 PM
5 year warranty on the Maximus bows, and a lot less money!

Bow Walker
05-02-2011, 10:14 AM
When you're thinking about spending a lot of money on a setup (I consider anything over $500 to be 'a lot of money') it will serve you well to do a lot of investigation and comparing.

Decide on domestic or foreign manufacture. Decide on 'bang-for-the-buck' or quality of manufacture. Decide whether you are going to be keeping this 'investment' for a while (buy quality) - or are you just trying it out and intend to flip it pretty soon (buy cheapest)?

I work hard for my money (as we all do) and I want that money to work for me, especially when I spend it on 'toys'. I always buy with the idea of keeping the purchase for a while (to get my money's worth out of it). I get the best quality that I can afford - every time. I don't want any potential problems cropping up and ruining my fun.

OOBuck
05-02-2011, 01:18 PM
I set my buddies Maximus crossbow up for him when he bought it. I have shot both Excalibur & I own a Horton, for the money the Maximus is worth every dollar. I was able to
set my buddies up within minutes and have him shooting 3 inch groups out to 40 yards within an hour. We did add some limb saver silencers to it and he has not had any problems..

Bowzone_Mikey
05-02-2011, 01:20 PM
take care of it ... and it is the best bang for your buck out there in my opinion ....

singlebarbless
05-15-2012, 03:48 PM
New Maximus site.. http://p9.hostingprod.com/@maximuscrossbows.com/MOCK1.html
Just up and running with the new stuff. Looks pretty interesting... just more choices for us to consider.

Gateholio
05-15-2012, 10:36 PM
I'm not really a "bow" guy but I did run into a guy at the range using one. I took 3 shots at 50 yards and they all landed in a sub 4" group. I was actually surprised they were made in China.

The Hermit
05-17-2012, 07:17 AM
ALL of the new Maximus crossbows are 100% made in the USA... that means absolutely EVERYTHING even the string on the cocker! Sweet looking bows. I have a booth lined up and will have demo models at Huntfest Chilliwack for you to try and order!