PDA

View Full Version : First scouting trip

bearhunter338-06
04-30-2011, 04:08 PM
Went for a quick scouting trip today, I was out giving the Tracker a little run after some work. The place I want to scout out looked a lot better from the highway so I decided to see how far I could get.

I got about 1/2 a K up the road and saw the first grouse of the season, reached for my camera to take a quick picture (the grouse hand out a little longer this time of year), shite I took the camera out yesterday.

Well I continued up the gravel road for another 2 1/2 k's till I ran (not literally) into some trucks and trailers and 8 - 10 inches of snow. I decided that this would be a good place to turn around.

I"m thinking a good 3 maybe 4 weeks to get up to where I wanted to go. Although its been a very long time since I have been up there I vaguely remember the 27 k mark as to where the road tops out on the mountain and there was open area, and some of the cattle pens.

I will give a couple other spots a look tomorrow that are not as high. Maybe I will even buy a bear tag.............:mrgreen:

hunter1947
05-01-2011, 01:31 AM
Scouting is a big key on finding good areas as for the sorties trail to take to get there all will pay off come this falls hunting season.