PDA

View Full Version : Opp's -Won another E-Bay Auction---

x-hare
04-30-2011, 01:39 PM
Saw this package on E-Bay and not really knowing anything about cross-bows figured it had to be worth $200.00 well I won no other bids?
We will see how well it shoots, not sure of it hunting potential though.

http://i.ebayimg.com/24/!CFji1qQBWk~$(KGrHqYOKkYE0++75R+hBNVfHSnL,!~~_12.J PG
New PSE RATTLER Bow
1. Mechanical Assisted Bow
2.PSE 3 Dot Sight
3.PSE Quiver
4.3 - 17" Aluminum Arrows
5. Rope Cocking Device
6. Draw Weight 165 Lbs
7.Speed: app. 280 FPS
8. Camo Coloured

Shooter Jr.
04-30-2011, 09:29 PM
Looked it up online and apparently it retails for about $400 and its a great hunting crossbow.... looks pretty good to me.

x-hare
04-30-2011, 11:01 PM
Never thought I be going in this direction now I'm looking forward to it and now I just lengthened the season this can only be a good thing.
Now tell me what kind of kill range should I expect with this setup. Would you stick a Moose with this?
And for Bolts what should I get? Practice/ Hunting

todbartell
04-30-2011, 11:41 PM
what a terrible weapon, do you plan on going on a subdivision bambi killing spree? :D

you should of bought a traditional recurve with feather fletched arrows! ;)

x-hare
04-30-2011, 11:57 PM
what a terrible weapon, do you plan on going on a subdivision bambi killing spree? :D

you should of bought a traditional recurve with feather fletched arrows! ;)

Weapon?now that hurts! and I only get the spoils you allow me.
Send me some VanderBlades with Killer shafts please.:)

lip_ripper00
05-01-2011, 12:12 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIXVR0MCc7E

With a crossbow ppffftt no problem you just have to get close like this compound guy:)

x-hare
05-01-2011, 12:21 AM
Ha Ha seen this before but read the comments they just keep getting better (Sic)??Thanks
Nothing like getting run over my a Moose.
Maybe i should just stick to the 338 after seeing that again.
Keep this for the Urban animals. :)

Bow Walker
05-01-2011, 05:06 PM
Before you start shooting - check it over very carefully. Check the cables and check the string for signs of wear or fraying - if it's good, wax them liberally. Get some "rail lube" as well, it'll cut down on string wear and tear.

Check the limbs for minute cracks or splits. Make sure that the fiberglass doesn't have any stress cracks.

Them sight it in carefully and go kill something. Nothing wrong with that crossbow as far as hunting or 3D is concerned.

x-hare
05-01-2011, 06:11 PM
Before you start shooting - check it over very carefully. Check the cables and check the string for signs of wear or fraying - if it's good, wax them liberally. Get some "rail lube" as well, it'll cut down on string wear and tear.

Check the limbs for minute cracks or splits. Make sure that the fiberglass doesn't have any stress cracks.
Them sight it in carefully and go kill something. Nothing wrong with that crossbow as far as hunting or 3D is concerned.
Now that's Usefull Information appreciate it.
I will be sure to check that out
CAN'T WAIT TO GET IT.
Now do you practice with the same bolts as you hunt with.Carbon,Alum.?
I'm having Dreams of getting run over by a Moose.

Bow Walker
05-01-2011, 09:20 PM
I forgot to mention that you probably should check the cams for any dents, nicks, or scratches that could possibly cut or fray the string.

Also check that the cocking/firing mechanism works properly. Wouldn't want a mis-fire or a dry fire.

Go over the whole thing with a fine-toothed comb.

AND, by all means - practice with the same bolts that you're going to hunt/3D with. Same weight heads and everything. Dedicate one of your hunting broadheads as a "practice head" so that you can tune your hunting bolts to your broadheads

358win
05-02-2011, 10:05 AM
I have the same x-bow (paid $400.00) Listen to Bow Walker's advice. I check it all over before each season.
I swaped out the 3 dot scope for an Excaliber Vari zone tho...
It shoots very well.