PDA

View Full Version : North Okanagan cold storage/butcher question...

CdnFirefighter
04-28-2011, 08:46 PM
Hello folks.. quick question for the knowledge base. Been an Okanagan dweller for many years but normally took my meat to one shop. Missed the last few years with a blown knee from work and was wondering if there are any shops locally (Vernon area) that still take meat on the bone? Through research last fall everyone I phoned said the meat MUST be deboned prior to processing. Well that is a kicker...

Not too many years ago they used to just give you a box of bones for disposal with your wrapped meat, smokies and peperoni. Assume it might have something with McLeods closing down or some new regulation but rather disappointing for us who don't have a cold room at our homestead.

If you know of a local please let me know. Many thanks for your time...

J

Dirty Steve
04-29-2011, 07:56 AM
The Meeting place in Armstrong. They're awesome, nothing but good things to say about them. They are set up at the farmers market in Armstrong on Saturdays and they sell all their product at the market. I bought a bunch of their sausage and roni to try it out before I took my deer there last year. Lots ov variety for sausage. They just want it CLEAN. no hair etc... Their turkey sausage is incredible!

Fishhound
04-29-2011, 03:35 PM
There is a good meat cutter/butcher and sausage maker in the Lumby/Cherryville area, I can not think of his name at this time though, hopefully some one will post it.