PDA

View Full Version : Help needed for access info North of Seymor Arm/Shuswap Lake ( MU 3-36)

kgriz
04-26-2011, 10:14 AM
I do not have any tags for this spot.

Heading in that direction next week for work.....anybody been up in this direction along the powerline? If anybody is going that way this weekend could you snap a couple of pics of the powerkine corridor with GPS co-ordinates and send them to me.....
I've helped A LOT of people on here.....:mrgreen:
3424If somebody is going in this direction, PM me and I'll send you a better pic of area. ....or if you are local and know that this area will not be accessible, just let me know.

wicket
04-26-2011, 05:05 PM
hey ill help u all the way from ontario....you can access the powerline from the hummamilt road....turn at the sawmill along the seymore road and head along the road 15 mins maybe? you can hope right on the powerline there. its not a bad quad ride. obviously im not sure of the conditions seeing how im 3300 km from there but i know they have been getting snow down near anglemont and that end of the lake is higher so im thinking it might still be sloppy. sorry i dont have the coordinates for the powerline in my gps ive just go them for my super secret 2 point mulie spots :) a few years ago i wanted desperately to buy daniels store in seymore but my wife wouldnt leave this shitty province....guess i shoulda left her here..........anyways im rambling

Caveman
04-26-2011, 05:56 PM
I have some aerial shots from a plane. Mark and I had goat draws in the area and drove in later from HWY #1. We drove out to the power line area. It is easy enough to find on Google earth. Some sweet country back there

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c247/cavemn94/Perry1.jpg

yama49
04-26-2011, 06:40 PM
PM on its way

kgriz
04-26-2011, 07:51 PM
Appreciate the responses....I have no problem knowing where I am going....its more of what the snow is doing....it gets pretty high up towards the end of the |Ratchford fsr where I'm headed....this year is so brutal for snow....here in PG areas that would always be open by now have 2-3 ft of snow. |Although its a crappy little picture I posted, its the areas between the red slashes on the powerline I'm wondering about. If anybody has been there in the last week or so or is headed up there this weekend \i can provide a better map easy enough

Slinky Pickle
04-26-2011, 08:05 PM
In the Salmon Arm area the snow is clear up to at least the 850m range. You should be well up the Seymour Arm power line before you get anywhere near that elevation.

realneil
04-27-2011, 07:15 AM
are you thinking of the area up through the pettipiece? towards revelstoke lake?

kgriz
04-27-2011, 08:37 AM
I'm looking at the section from the junction with the 1100 rd up the Ratchford, past the junction with the perry river fsr and then up to the pettipiece pass which is at 1700m....I'm assuming there will be snow that high.

realneil
04-27-2011, 10:18 AM
ahh. are you going in from malakwa or sqwilax to get there? the north fork was closed last fall due to bridge repairs, those were rumours though, and i know they didnt log this winter up the gorge (access to ratchford area past 4th and 5th creek). sure nice in there. we use to go looking for caribou up the pettipiece a long time ago. i grew up in malakwa, wasnt a cool place to grow up but it is sure a awesome place to hunt, backcountry ski and whitewater kayak.