PDA

View Full Version : The Peace River Hudson Hope

mountainman
04-25-2011, 08:20 AM
Hey guys looking to see how the fishing would be below the dam on the Peace this time of the year. Looking to get the boat out and do some fishing at the same time. Any tips on where to go and what to use would be great too! :-D

Most of the rivers here are chocolate brown and closed for fishing till June except the Peace. So I thought I'd try get up to Hudson Hope where the water should be fairly clear.

shawnwells
04-25-2011, 10:21 PM
A couple buddies were out right below the dam about 3 weeks ago and they said it was terrible....but as they were getting their gear outta the truck the horn went and they released water....so that mighta screwed em over...good luck tho...

elkdom
04-25-2011, 10:37 PM
A couple buddies were out right below the dam about 3 weeks ago and they said it was terrible....but as they were getting their gear outta the truck the horn went and they released water....so that mighta screwed em over...good luck tho...

I honked the air-horn on a Kenworth to warn a careless jay-walker of his immediate and untimely demise about to take place,,,,,,,,,, and he "RELEASED WATER ALSO",,, in his pants, and onto the street! :)

bridger
04-25-2011, 10:43 PM
fishing is excellent right now. water is always clear above the halfway. just note the 5km closure around the mouth of the halfway. boat launch at lynx creek. dinosour lake is producing well now at the top end.

mountainman
04-26-2011, 07:16 AM
fishing is excellent right now. water is always clear above the halfway. just note the 5km closure around the mouth of the halfway. boat launch at lynx creek. dinosour lake is producing well now at the top end.
Are the walleye up that far or is it mainly trout etc? Thanks for the replies.

bridger
04-26-2011, 07:44 AM
walleyes are usually found below the mouth of the pine and beatton rivers. above the halway you will find rainbows, lakers, bull trout, pike, and a few grayling. if you are more interested in walleyes wait a couple of weeks and fish the mouth of the beatton. the ice is not out of the pine yet (unless it came out this weekend) and you don't want to get caught downstream when that happens.

mountainman
04-26-2011, 07:49 AM
Thanks Bridger. Think I'll stay above the Pine with the way the weather is you never know what might happen and I'm not into getting into a battle with an ice jam coming down the river at me.
Any secret hooks you wanna tell me about?