PDA

View Full Version : Smithers 3D- thanks!

Kalum
04-25-2011, 07:50 AM
Thanks to the Smithers crowd for putting on such a great shoot this past weekend! The weather was perfect and the course was well set up though they do love hiding the X behind twigs:) Not that I found very many of them:(
Met some other HBC'rs there and went a couple of rounds with "BeerHunter" who's one hell of a shot! New flask drink to try, ryeripple- half rye half butterscotch ripple.
I'm off to the range to get my 40 sighted in on that barn. Don't forget the Terrace 3D is coming up in a couple of weeks!

Ambush
04-25-2011, 08:23 AM
Yes, it was a fun shoot. And your right about the brush, there was a lot of pruning done with arrows. And the steady "PANG!!!" from the area of the steel deer kept everybody awake.

The "no binoculars" rule, although unusual, really did speed up the course.
We liked it.
Good job Smithers.

gitnadoix
04-25-2011, 09:34 PM
Another one back from the Smithers 3D, and yes good time had by all. Now to get ready for May 7 & 8 at Rosswood for the Terrace shoot, and some roast pig on a spit hmmmmm. Us north coasters cant afford to miss any shoots so its a major bonus that the three clubs, Smithers, Terrace and Rupert all put on 3 round 35 target, entertaining courses, so we can get our fix.....