PDA

View Full Version : Red Lake 3-29

lip_ripper00
08-01-2006, 10:51 PM
Can any body give me any info on this lake and surounding areas? Road acess fishing hunting ect. Going up to look a property this week end.Any input would be great.Thanks Steve

Ltbullken
08-02-2006, 04:01 AM
Can any body give me any info on this lake and surounding areas? Road acess fishing hunting ect. Going up to look a property this week end.Any input would be great.Thanks Steve
You can get at Red Lake from 2 directions. One from Savona/Deadman's Creek. Go North and turn right unto Criss Creek Road. Shoudl be signed. The likely easier route is to come from Kamloops. Take Tranquille Road to its end, turn right on to Red Lake Road, cross railroad tracks and go N/NW until you get to Criss Creek Road (50+ KM). From there turn left and follow signs. Excellent hunting and fishing abounds in that general area and you just have to explore.

Jelvis
08-02-2006, 09:01 AM
I concur with Ltbullken, He hit it about dead center. My buddy owned some property up there at one time and absolutely loved it. It's a good place for hunting and fishing. The drive in looks like some thing out of a western movie absolutely gorgeous.If your retired x otherwise a fair drive into Kammy.

LeverActionJunkie
08-02-2006, 05:02 PM
It's a beautiful drive, and a beautiful area around the lake. Good hunting and plenty of fishing, theres roads all over that area, but most hunters don't leave the roads around there.

PS the road can get a little western in the winter from thawing in day and freezing at night.

Caveman
08-02-2006, 07:19 PM
The fish look like footballs,good ice fishing, moose, deer and bear just about anywhere. You can also get there from Batchleor and Westsyde and be hunting the entire way.

longhairmtnman
08-08-2006, 02:33 AM
Does Red lake still put out decent amounts of brookies? As kids (70's)we fished it often and rarely went home without our limit. Back then it was un-developed, and last year I drove through and was shocked by how populated it has become. I hear it is heavily hunted as well. None the less, it is a pretty spot.