PDA

View Full Version : Bear on sunshine coast?

JoshLedoux
04-23-2011, 07:31 PM
So I have passed up far too many bears in the past this will be the year to finally choose one. Taking a newish hunter with me this weekend and we are thinking of scouting the coast. We have no real plan other than to hop a ferry over to Langdale and go from there. Having not hunted or travelled there before neither of us Has any real idea which way to head so some gentle nudging in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. A day spent lost in the forest will be better than one on the couch.

Steeleco
04-23-2011, 07:37 PM
Turn right off the boat and had to the mill. You'll need to check in at the guard house but they're cool. Then head inland and explore all there is to see in there. A few years back a bunch of us from HBC went over there. Was slow on bears, but the Blacktails and BIG elk were not in short supply.

Good luck. FWIW, at least one 7' plus bear has taken the HBC spring bear contest from those parts.

kidchevy
04-23-2011, 08:10 PM
I agree with steeleco. I was thinking of heading down there tomorrow afternoon so if you see a white mazda or a red toyota thats me but I am leaning toward doing some relaxing fishing on ruby lake. good luck and can't wait to here how it goes.