PDA

View Full Version : Sylvester Road Clean-up Update

fearnodeer
04-23-2011, 07:09 PM
Well my wife and i were there, were you ? It opened my eyes. We picked the first spot to start cleaning up and we spent the hole day there, we picked up from grow-ups to diapers to old sheds to garbage to just garbage, to 1/3 a car and shot gun shells but we could not pick up the drywall because it was to wet and i believe the dump would not accept it. We had the back hoe there twice, the dump truck three times. I now know that next time pick a place futher in because these guys that dump this are lazy as well so they dupmed at the first stop. We picked the first spot from the meeting place so if you were there we were in an F-350 blue in colour. So the question is ? if you were there respond and if not why not. I just watched this on Global and it was good. By the way for you Bear hunters i spoted one from were we were cleaning up so hint if you were there you would know were i was. Great day love helping out.

sparkes3
04-23-2011, 07:27 PM
i do know where you were, but he is safe for now.

Pyro
04-23-2011, 09:01 PM
I was there, I was with my 12 YO son in a white Nissan Frontier. I packed out about 400 lbs to the transfer station when we left at about 2PM
Pictures later on.

GRIZZEZE
04-23-2011, 09:11 PM
Spent the whole day there and we filled more than 30 garbage bags between 5 of us and only cleared 40 feet of road. The 2 dump trucks ran all day long to and from the transfer station. Good to see 75 people show up to help, and I met a few of you guys from this site.
Now back to nursing my sunburn

Steeleco
04-23-2011, 11:12 PM
We were there too. The one spot my wife and daughter got stuck in on, could have been cleaned by a blind person, you could just sit there and grab dead shells. We filled our F150 3 times with crap and someone else's truck twice with scrap metal. We even advised two young guys that their plans to shoot today were cancelled. They we're non too happy, but left to shoot some place else.

I hate to say it, but that area needs a good burn to clean all the shit we couldn't clean up.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/steeleco/HBC%20hosted%20pics/IMG_4181.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/steeleco/HBC%20hosted%20pics/IMG_4184.jpg

fearnodeer
04-24-2011, 06:35 AM
Thanks for the pics Steeleco they only begin to describe it. We left @ 3:45 and to my discust on the way out i saw a pick-up with a bike in the back toeing a trailer with a bike and an old couch in it heading up, i did the math and fiqure that he didn't bring the couch to relax in. During the clean up someone also towing a trailer full of drywall was spoted and never found. I was talking to the president of the 4 x 4 club and he had several people on the lookout for this guy but we fiqure he just hide, when i left he had been in for at least for three hours so i hope we gave him something to think about. The president also told me that just over a hundred people showed up and i made sure he new that i was from Hunting b.c

ryanmac
04-24-2011, 07:40 AM
I was there I was driving around in the green 94 chev pickup making garbage and scrap metal runs where the dump truck couldnt get in to

seanfalloy
04-24-2011, 07:55 AM
i made it up friday (did some shooting) then cleaned up 2 buckets and 2 garbage bags of shotgun shells. I wanted to come out yesterday but it turns out im moving tomorrow instead of the end of the week as i had planned before. Thanks to everyone that did make it out.

x-hare
04-24-2011, 08:28 AM
Good on you all.
I love social events!
Sylvester Road is a fair distance from me
but have had the opportunity to shot there once awesome sight lines to infinity and beyond.
Always packed out more than we came in with.
From what I saw this day everyone else did the same there was lot's.
This was a real positive thing to see but again the old Cliché -
The action's of a few As*#*oles spoil it for us all.
Good work Amigo's
Cheer's

Pyro
04-24-2011, 03:44 PM
I was there, I was with my 12 YO son in a white Nissan Frontier. I packed out about 400 lbs to the transfer station when we left at about 2PM
Pictures later on.

Photos posted on the other thread, Stickied.
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?65837-Sylvester-Road-Cleanup-April-23rd&p=903609#post903609

GRIZZEZE
04-24-2011, 09:03 PM
We were there too. The one spot my wife and daughter got stuck in on, could have been cleaned by a blind person, you could just sit there and grab dead shells. We filled our F150 3 times with crap and someone else's truck twice with scrap metal. We even advised two young guys that their plans to shoot today were cancelled. They we're non too happy, but left to shoot some place else.

I hate to say it, but that area needs a good burn to clean all the shit we couldn't clean up.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/steeleco/HBC%20hosted%20pics/IMG_4181.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/steeleco/HBC%20hosted%20pics/IMG_4184.jpg

Hey was that you in the dark grey f 150? From the above pics I think you guys were parked about 70 yards down the road from Pyro and myself, too bad we never met up. I was in the green crew cab power stroke with the big white canopy

steelheadSABO
04-24-2011, 09:07 PM
Didn't get to make it out. Never knew there was so much garbage up there

Steeleco
04-24-2011, 10:16 PM
Hey was that you in the dark grey f 150? From the above pics I think you guys were parked about 70 yards down the road from Pyro and myself, too bad we never met up. I was in the green crew cab power stroke with the big white canopy

Too funny, yeah that was us. We had help from Stewart, a young guy from the 4x4 site. Each one of those larger stumps had either a TV or a microwave oven atop of it. I actually waved to a you guy that has is picture on the same type thread over on CGN as we drove past. On the drive back we and had to wait a moment while we watched you guys work hard at filling the back hoe!!

Next time I'll know a few trucks to look out for!!

RayHill
04-24-2011, 10:56 PM
Well my wife and i were there, were you ? It opened my eyes. We picked the first spot to start cleaning up and we spent the hole day there, we picked up from grow-ups to diapers to old sheds to garbage to just garbage, to 1/3 a car and shot gun shells but we could not pick up the drywall because it was to wet and i believe the dump would not accept it. We had the back hoe there twice, the dump truck three times. I now know that next time pick a place futher in because these guys that dump this are lazy as well so they dupmed at the first stop. We picked the first spot from the meeting place so if you were there we were in an F-350 blue in colour. So the question is ? if you were there respond and if not why not. I just watched this on Global and it was good. By the way for you Bear hunters i spoted one from were we were cleaning up so hint if you were there you would know were i was. Great day love helping out.

Yes, the bear was watching you when you were taking away all those tasty garbage bags! Now what is he supposed to eat???