PDA

View Full Version : Leupold VX-3 or Zeiss Conquest??

Iron Sighted
04-22-2011, 01:53 PM
Anyone want to offer up their opinions on these two scopes? I'm looking for a 3-9x40 rifle scope and these two seem to get a lot of good reviews. I've heard that the Zeiss has better glass, though the Leupold seems to be a bit pricier everywhere I've looked.

If they are more or less on par then I'll likely go with the Zeiss as it'll save me money that I can spend on other gear I need to buy before the fall hunting season.

Please give me all the pros & cons of each as you see them.

Thanks

Slee
04-22-2011, 01:57 PM
They are both great scopes, you won't go wrong with either one. I think there are a couple Zeiss for sale on the buy and sell thread right now.

Devilbear
04-22-2011, 01:58 PM
I have had over 50 Leupy scopes and several Zeiss products since I bought my first in 1967 and used them long and hard, I will flatly state that, dollar for dollar, the Zeiss Conquest 3x9x40 is the best hunting scope I have ever had and that includes many scopes from all over, Germany and Austria, Japan and the USA and so forth.

I just bought a Swaro 3x9 for my custom Brno 22H in .280Rem. and will buy another to put on this rifles macthing mate, but, while I feel the Swaro is a little better than the Conquest, it is not even close in value, IMHO.

pescado
04-22-2011, 04:33 PM
It's longer, a bit heavier but bang for buck it's hard to beat the 3-9x40 Conquest for a hunting scope. Save some $$$ and by some extra bullets to shoot and practice with.

Iron Sighted
04-22-2011, 04:35 PM
Thanks, that is the exact kind of reply that I was hoping for. Glad to hear from someone that has owned both types as well.

TSW
04-22-2011, 05:43 PM
Dude--look no further. http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?65987-Zeiss-Conquest-for-sale-or-trad
Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40 in tip top shape from a great guy for a smokin' deal. I would have bought it myself ten times already but I JUST bought a new scope 3 weeks ago!! D'oh!!...and I'm STILL tempted to buy it but I know how that would go over :)

swampthing
04-22-2011, 07:26 PM
Treat yourself and go with the zeiss. I have several leupolds which are great scopes. I put the zeiss on my latest rifle and appreciated the fine clarity it provides. What really sold me was that the turrets did exactly what I told them to while sighting in. My leupolds always go in the right direction but never do it precisely.

coach
04-22-2011, 07:44 PM
Reading this, I gotta say the zeiss must be pretty damn awesome. I can't imagine anything clearer than my VX3. I'm not going to disagree with anyone cause I haven't looked through the zeiss. I'd say you can't go wrong with either one.