PDA

View Full Version : Got a Bradley Smoker!

04-21-2011, 08:14 PM
I'm excited! I just picked-up a Bradley Smoker (original...not digital) from Canadian Tire. It's currently "seasoning" on the front porch. Tomorrow, I'm going to try smoking the turkey I arrowed last week. I'll let you know how its turns out!

BTW, the smoker was $100 off the regular price.

Caveman
04-21-2011, 08:23 PM
You're gonna love it!!!

M.Dean
04-21-2011, 08:29 PM
There's no other smoker like it! have fun!!!

todbartell
04-21-2011, 09:01 PM
The element will die halfway through the bird, but Bradley will send you a new one. A new element, not a new turkey

04-21-2011, 09:57 PM
The element will die halfway through the bird, but Bradley will send you a new one. A new element, not a new turkey

Ha ha. I Hope not. I know some people have had chronic problems with their smokers, but others have had years of trouble-free service....I hope I'm in the later group.

Farmer John
04-21-2011, 09:58 PM
Element on mine is 4 years old and still going strong.

bearhunter338-06
04-21-2011, 10:09 PM
how do you season a smoker?

wildprotien
04-21-2011, 11:12 PM
I think he is running it to burn off any oils, new metal ,rubber, plastic etc smells that might be on the inside of the smoker from the manufacturing process.
Give it some heat and some smoke.
All home stove {ranges} ovens have to be run on high heat for an hour or so when you first buy them .... and they stink the house up when ur doing it ...

Sitkaspruce
04-22-2011, 11:09 AM
Mine is 13 years old and still running fine. The only thing to replace was the plastic plug in the back of the smoker, it gets very brittle in the cold and broke when pulling out the cord. Bradley sent me two new ones no charge.

Will be looking at a new digital 6 rack in the future as we are learning that we can cook pretty well any thing in it. Have been cooking duck breasts, ribs, roasts and of course fish, plus veggies and drying fruit in it.

Cheers

SS

todbartell
04-22-2011, 12:38 PM
they're great units, however I guess Im just bitter since my element died on it's 3rd use, halfway through my jerky! :| And a few people I know have experienced the same, element crapping out in the first handful of uses

Bradley did send me one in 3 days however

swampthing
04-22-2011, 07:30 PM
I recently got one too!. I was low bid at a recent fish and game banquet. Made a couple batches of jerky so far. Going to try cookin a meal soon.

04-22-2011, 08:23 PM
The turkey I smoked today turned-out great. I brined the breast, leg and thigh (did a half turkey) for 6 hours, then wiped dry and applied a rub. I wrapped everything in bacon and smoked at 220 F for about 3.5 hours with apple. The breast was tender, juicy and flavourful. The thigh and leg was a bit chewy, but the flavour was great.

Next, I'm going to try an elk roast...then some pork ribs. Fun stuff.

valleycowboy
04-23-2011, 07:01 AM
ahhhh a boy and his new toy,lol.
i got one last year and smoke everything in it.
love tryin new recipies and different meats.
great fun and good eatin!!