PDA

View Full Version : DWR Spray

lnelson
04-21-2011, 08:02 PM
Just re-treated some of my gear with the DWR spray you can pick up at mountaineering stores. I have to say I was amazed at how well water beads and rolls off of everything I treated...including a couple poly cotton hats. Even if it only lasts a couple trips in the bush it is worth every penny.

bigwhiteys
04-21-2011, 09:43 PM
What kind did you use...? I have some "ReviveX" that I haven't needed to use yet.

Carl

TSW
04-21-2011, 11:23 PM
I've used that ReviveX before and it works awesome. I've also used the Nikwax brand and it's good too, just a bit more expensive.

snareman1234
04-22-2011, 08:17 AM
Just went through this with a few manufacturers. Getting my gear all top shape before sheep hunting.

Arcteryx recommends Grangers over Nikwax. They say Grangers revitalizes the DWR way better, and Nikwax actually leaves a light wax coating, so Grangers is recommended, I bought a 2-in-1 wash, it cleans and re-waterproofs, then you just tumble dry on med. heat.

Also for my MontBell super stretch I bought some Revivex spray.

lnelson
04-22-2011, 08:40 AM
I used Revivex...worked great.

swampthing
04-23-2011, 08:30 AM
This stuff is well worht using. I spray all my stuff. It helps no waterproof stuff stay drier just a bit longer.

TSW
04-23-2011, 12:56 PM
When I bought my Gore-tex jacket they told me to get Revive-Ex over Nikwax too. I've never heard of the Grangers, but I'm sure if they are recommending it, it'll be good.