PDA

View Full Version : The birds are coming home for Spring!

luckynuts
04-21-2011, 09:26 AM
Thought I would give a little up date:-D Finally I am starting to see the flocks of Canada's, mallards and even a few small groups of northern pintails are starting to show up around work. Haven't seen any bufflehead's, golden-eyes or the large flocks of sand-hill crane's yet though I bet it will be only a matter of days before they swarm my little muskeg ponds and creeks.

Oh I hope Spring is Here finally.

W.

heyblast
04-21-2011, 05:52 PM
I've been seeing a lot of Buffleheads this past week in the lower mainland. They'll start to move from here soon enough and six months from now you can send back:twisted:.

Gunner
04-21-2011, 10:21 PM
Pintails are long gone here they show up around the 1st of March from the Coast.Still a few widgeon around,some scaups,shovelers and wood ducks.The river is loaded with mergansers the sockeye fry are headed down to the lakes. Gunner

luckynuts
04-22-2011, 09:15 AM
Had a pile more Canada's fly over this morning looking for open water. Soon the skies will be dark and noisy with Sandhill's. Have to say the sharptail numbers are way up this year though so are the hawks time will tell.

W.

Bear Chaser
04-22-2011, 06:41 PM
I've been seeing Canada's & the odd crane every morning & evening the past couple weeks along the Peace. Even a few fields with whitetails right in the middle of the geese practically stepping on them.
It could still warm up a lot IMO.