PDA

View Full Version : help with a saskatchewan hunt ?

jetboat jim
04-20-2011, 07:46 PM
I"m looking for someone who's hunted sask before, the online sask regs are pretty vauge. from what I understand there is a resident/non resident divide through the provence.
the area I want to hunt is yellow creek, I have family there, but they know little about hunting.

thanks..

32-40win
04-21-2011, 08:11 PM
We just came back from Kindersley area. For Fall season waterfowl and upland all you need is a Sask bird lic and the fed migratory lic, for spring season you only need fed migratory lic. I am not aware of any restrictions as to areas for residents vs non-residents. Spring birds are only open til Apr 30 west of 106, open til end of May east of 106, which is just east of Saskatoon.

cainer
04-21-2011, 10:15 PM
what kind of info are you looking for? big game animals(i.e whitetail) require a habitat licence and tag which totals about 150 bucks. you have to buy the canadian resident version unless of course you live there. this year you also have to buy your licence in May (i believe) for your hunt in November, and you also have to specify the zone in which Yellow creek is as well. You should be able to find the zone number on the map provided by their regs. The biggest divide I can think of between non res and res is that they can hunt wherever they want, and buy their tags wherever they want- whereas we are now obligated to stay within one zone for the season and have to buy our tags within the month of May.
If your a bird hunter I can't really help ya, but i imagine it's probably much the same.

jetboat jim
04-24-2011, 09:04 AM
I'm trying to find info on elk, I tried to talk to a person from sask but they had no Idea...still waiting on a call back .
I see the white tail is pretty simple but thats all the talk about in the regs other than moose (need to be guided). and mulies are resident only.
thanks for the replies.
any info is helpful.

greybark
04-24-2011, 10:46 AM
Hey Jetboat jim , I heard of a horrific winter kill of up to 90% in some areas for WT and MD and it may also involve Elk. Hope I heard wrong , be sure to check it out .
Cheers

32-40win
04-24-2011, 12:57 PM
you may want to check the regs online, there is no Canadian non-resident or any non-resident elk tag avail in Sask.

fozzy
05-23-2011, 10:02 PM
The deadline is coming fast, end of MAY

Canaian residents need to apply on line this year (draw). You must specify what zone you wish to hunt.
http://www.environment.gov.sk.ca/Default.aspx?DN=a89fa746-7a2a-462c-aeae-c46f73f49d74

The draw site is here: https://secure.gov.sk.ca/biggame/default.asp