PDA

View Full Version : bird down

boscheefish
04-20-2011, 07:29 PM
just want to thank everyone for all the information and advice on this website, because of you all, you have helped me understand this amazing bird!

57 hours of preseason scouting and a few days hunting on opening wknd combined ,gave me my first bird. cant wait till next time.

cheers all!! brad
http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp223/boscheefish/turkey014.jpg

http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp223/boscheefish/turkey024.jpg

huntwriter
04-20-2011, 08:24 PM
Congratulations. Good scouting habits and persistence is the "secret" of all successful hunters. Well done! Look forward to see the picture/s. :)

field marshal
04-21-2011, 04:40 PM
Very nicely done:-D
I would think for your 1st bird a big smile is in order????:confused:
Cheers-----Field Marshal.

huntwriter
04-21-2011, 04:55 PM
great pictures. No small feat for a novice turkey hunter to bag a mature gobbler.

Mr. Dean
04-21-2011, 04:57 PM
That 1st pic is awesome!
Well done on the goobler.

Pioneerman
04-21-2011, 05:13 PM
Good job and great picture, first one looks like a magazine cover, well the bird does at least lol

cavebear
04-21-2011, 05:26 PM
congrats nice birdy :)

boscheefish
04-21-2011, 06:27 PM
Well i guess i should tell the story about this bird then. I set up my decoy on this bird 3 different times in 5 minutes because he was on the move, and in my opinion its a game on how close you can get set up before he sees you, well the only tree/bush was only 20 feet from my decoy so i was nervous, but everysingle time i did a call he gobbled so he was hot and on a mission. He finally came into visual about 100 yards away and thats when i stopped breathing and almost died, i dropped my hand calls slowly positioned my shottie on my knee, i had a mouth call in my mouth but was so nervous only drool was coming out. All i could think about was one thing now, Dont Move!!!!!! Dont move!!!!I know he saw my decoy because he was strutting instantly , he did 4 little dances for me than ran to my decoy for a close look, i waited motionless, and i mean motionless . he actually walked right in front of my sites and than tried to " mount my decoy" and well you know what happened next, being 20 feet from this bird was the best part of this hunt, i will never forget this day!

OutWest
04-22-2011, 01:51 PM
Awesome story and a great looking bird, congrats.

GoatGuy
04-22-2011, 02:28 PM
Well i guess i should tell the story about this bird then. I set up my decoy on this bird 3 different times in 5 minutes because he was on the move, and in my opinion its a game on how close you can get set up before he sees you, well the only tree/bush was only 20 feet from my decoy so i was nervous, but everysingle time i did a call he gobbled so he was hot and on a mission. He finally came into visual about 100 yards away and thats when i stopped breathing and almost died, i dropped my hand calls slowly positioned my shottie on my knee, i had a mouth call in my mouth but was so nervous only drool was coming out. All i could think about was one thing now, Dont Move!!!!!! Dont move!!!!I know he saw my decoy because he was strutting instantly , he did 4 little dances for me than ran to my decoy for a close look, i waited motionless, and i mean motionless . he actually walked right in front of my sites and than tried to " mount my decoy" and well you know what happened next, being 20 feet from this bird was the best part of this hunt, i will never forget this day!

Hahaha, great story.

mstewart
04-22-2011, 02:45 PM
Congrats. Thanks for sharing.

landphil
04-22-2011, 03:03 PM
Hahaha, great story.

X2! Congrats!

Hammerhead
04-22-2011, 03:13 PM
thats awesome. great lookin bird. should look even better on the table with a loaf of bread up his A++
Cheers
HH