PDA

View Full Version : I have a question.....

Jason Melo
04-18-2011, 06:14 PM
I have a question that hopefully someone will be able to help me with!!
My aunt and uncle have a 10 acre farm in ladner by boundary bay and they have a problem with rabbits that they want me to take care of!!! I was wondering if I would be allowed to go there and hunt on their property, hopefully someone will be able to answer my question, or maybe point me in a direction to someone or something that can answer my question.

PointMan
04-18-2011, 06:23 PM
My first suggestio would be to check municipal bylaws. Might be some restrictions due to it's proximity to local population. Might consider culling with a good quality pellet gun and snaring rather than rifle or shotgun, just a thought.

Jason Melo
04-18-2011, 06:32 PM
I never thought of snaring and pellet gun, is it legal to use pellet guns for hunting though?

PointMan
04-18-2011, 06:33 PM
For the record, Ladner is within MU 2-4 which has no season for Snoshoe Hare, so keep that in mind when asking about shooting bylaws.

Everett
04-18-2011, 06:45 PM
Are they Hares our are they Rabbit?

Jason Melo
04-18-2011, 06:53 PM
They are rabbit not snowshoe hare

Everett
04-18-2011, 07:01 PM
Well if they are cottontail rabbits you don't even require a hunting licence it would all come down to municipal bylaws for Delta. I know for sure that some parts of Delta are open for shotguns at least.

Everett
04-18-2011, 07:02 PM
Hell if you kneed some help I got a couple of hunting partners in that part of the world who like to eat Rabbit.

Fixit
04-18-2011, 07:19 PM
it seems like you are asking about pest control, not hunting. So just check with your municipality about no shooting/single projectile bylaws and (hopefully) your good to go. As far as i can remember you should be ok, but im not certian.

Timber-hunt
04-18-2011, 07:53 PM
If you like and the by laws won't let you hunt them ill bring my gsp, he will help you catch a few

sparkes3
04-18-2011, 08:24 PM
only if i can hunt with you .
check the fraser valley special area hunting map to find out where you are allowed to shoot.
then if you check the bylaws and your if allowed to shoot you will need proof of insurance(most people get a bcwf membership) to get a fraser valley special hunting permit ,then you should be able to blast those waskly wabbits.
one call to a conservation officer will clear up any details for you.

Singleshotneeded
04-18-2011, 08:25 PM
I'd use a pellet rifle and traps.