PDA

View Full Version : Chutine lake

hunter7413
04-16-2011, 11:08 AM
Does anyone know if a aperson can get a jet boat up into chutine lake?

willy442
04-16-2011, 08:31 PM
I have Bear hunted up there twice and went up the river into the lake both times. The last km or so is very rocky but not a problem in enough water, time was the 20th of May and the lake was still frozen over both times except for the river mouth. There are some spots lower down on the river that can be tricky, channels are narrow and change. Access to the mountains is also sometimes a little tricky due to back channels and Beaver Dams. We got 1 bear each time I was there and seen Bear everytime. Depending on timing as to where they are and the Devils Club is hell.

David Heitsman
04-18-2011, 05:57 PM
It seems to me that Guy Scott has ran into there with hunters before. I don't think they got a bear and I don't recall the river access issues allthough we talked about it at the time.

Amphibious
04-12-2013, 09:07 AM
Kicking this old thread back up. Anyone know of an operator that could run a guy in by jetboat? Possibly cheaper then a flight?

http://www.museevirtuel-virtualmuseum.ca/sgc-cms/expositions-exhibitions/nuages-clouds/en/t/t-1973.html

geoskier
04-17-2013, 09:15 AM
I can't speak on the access but I can speak on the wildlife in that area. I have worked NW of Glenora and flown around as far as the headwaters of the Barrington. Impressive country. Likely one of the most wild places on earth. Bring a goat tag!! One one mountain I saw 50+ goats... Grizzlies I saw were platinum blonde too.

Cordillera
04-17-2013, 09:39 PM
I don't think anyone is running jet boat charters out of telegraph area. There has been a Cessna based out of telegraph the last couple years so a plane will not be too expensive. Tsayta air.

I was in chutine lake briefly and saw lots of griz sign and two animals. There is apparently a major travel past the north end of the lake. Maybe a corridor to the whiting. That is also crazy griz country.