PDA

View Full Version : LEH 4-03 zone x

Tyee
04-15-2011, 11:17 PM
Any one hunt this area, any info would be good Thanks just put in for this area cow

bigneily
04-16-2011, 02:17 AM
First get the draw then ask this question, It's a big area and lots of elk. Better success with the early draw as they are not stirred up that bad, But it doesn't take many shots fired and they tend to go nocturnal.Good luck

Darksith
04-16-2011, 08:44 AM
Ive hunted the southern part of that zone quite a bit. There is a ton of pressure from hunters, and the last time we had a cow draw we came we saw we left with nothing! Thats not saying that we didn't find a heard, we just couldn't get a good shot. But as stated, get the draw first, its getting to be a popular area. Next time I go hunt that area I think I will spend a bit more time in the northern part of the area though.

4 point
04-16-2011, 09:44 AM
Gong show for sure. Elk are there and so are a ton of LEH hunters & CO's watching which is good. Lots of elk hide in thick stuff down by river on private land that owners will not let you on. Have fun if you get the draw.

blackwater moose
04-16-2011, 09:52 AM
it is a large area, there is a reason everything is named after elk. like stated before , get there early before the hunting pressure gets bad and the elk go nocturnal. good luck with the private land owners.

Husky7mm
04-16-2011, 09:58 AM
That whole zone is GOS so they can get pretty stirred up before the leh season starts, I would go opening day of GOS or as late as possible when the pressure drops and maby the mountain elk hit the trench, (snow pending)

hunter1947
04-18-2011, 01:58 AM
If you get picked I would be in there two days before the opening for your draw this will give you some time to find out where the cow elk are ,if you get picked I will help you out with this hunt I have been working in a few areas that are in zone x 4-03 that is not private land where I have seen lots of cows..

yzchamp
04-18-2011, 06:15 PM
its GOS cow in 4-03 what leh are u talking about?

Everett
04-18-2011, 06:42 PM
its GOS cow in 4-03 what leh are u talking about?

The GOS in 4-03x is sept 20 till 30 the LEH is Oct 1 till Oct 10
There is also a senior/junior 4-03x sept 10-20 and a bow season sept 1-10

So in simple terms by the time LEH draw winners hit the ELK they have had 30 days of intense open season pressure if your lucky we have early snow so the migretory Elk show up a week early and you get a chance at them. Last two years we had early snow so the migretory ELK showed in that time frame. This hunt is a cash cow for MOE thats why its there they had around 5,000 LEH applicants for this hunt last year.

IslandHunterBXL
04-18-2011, 07:30 PM
where bright colours!!! last 2 years i was there i ran into another hunter around every corner, and down every trail. scary. i will not waste my draw on that area again. be safe out there