PDA

View Full Version : Alaskan Brown bear hunt...THIS SAT??

proguide66
04-14-2011, 06:36 AM
Just woke to my buddy from Alabama 'TELLING' me to be in Anchorage for THIS SAT for a brown bear hunt as his partner 'just' backed out...DOH!:shock:..havent even done the laundry from the last frikkin hunt!

Shall make a VERY kick ass video real soon....:cool:

MOG
04-14-2011, 06:48 AM
Oh wow, good luck and enjoy yourself what an opportunity!!

Regards,

MOG

Bighorn hunter
04-14-2011, 06:49 AM
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTT!

Can't wait for the thread and vid.

Cheers
BH

weatherby_man
04-14-2011, 07:26 AM
Now thats a great thing to have to rush around for!!!

Good luck dude,,,bag a big ole bronwy!!!

srupp
04-14-2011, 07:38 AM
take lots of video..which outfitter??Rohr Brothers??..

GOOD LUCK..AND PLAY SAFE..

Cheers

Steven

paw325
04-14-2011, 09:26 AM
Nice, good luck...

proguide66
04-14-2011, 02:55 PM
take lots of video..which outfitter??Rohr Brothers??..

GOOD LUCK..AND PLAY SAFE..

Cheers

Steven

You can see them on youtube "alaskan hunting adventures'...the outfitters name is 'Steve 'something'?...has some videos on there...holy shit , spinning like a top...pissing off a general here..oh well , this is something a guy just 'HAS TO DO' if it comes up...wil be droped off via bush plane Sun morn , land in Anchorage Sat...snow shoes , tents...multiple bush flights as the pilot spends the day searching for dens with tracks while we hike to and wait on the 'den of the day'.You cant hunt the same day you fly , should loose a few lbs on this one!
Going to make a video from start to finnish , trveling here to there , the hunt ect ect...should have two kills on tape by the end of this one...gone till 30th latest...heeeere we gooooooo

WesHarm
04-14-2011, 03:14 PM
...Seriously. You just have too much fun for one person.

Gateholio
04-14-2011, 03:26 PM
Just got home form PG66's place. We watched some Alaskan bear videos.

To say I am INSANELY jealous would be an understatement! But I lent him my Mystery Ranch pack so at least my pack will have fun...

usually when I lend stuff out I ask people to "treat it as if it were your own" but I sure hope PG66 doesn't "treat it as if it was his own!":-D:mrgreen:

BiG Boar
04-14-2011, 03:42 PM
Are you doing the hunting or are you just going with? Either way, I look forward to the video. I am sure another epic thread is in order.

4 point
04-14-2011, 03:54 PM
Maybe this is the guy?

http://www.akbearhunting.com/html/aboutus.html

proguide66
04-14-2011, 04:14 PM
Yup , thats them! Amd yes , I wil be shooting one also..well , hopefully as I'm not going to shoot a small one or an 'ok' one..have 3 grizzlies here now so a 'pass' will be just that.Hopefully my buddy gets a monster wich will be priority , then maybe another?? either way will be unreal experience and wicked video!!:mrgreen:...looking like a strong possibility for a dall with them in aug as well..shall see!

proguide66
04-14-2011, 04:33 PM
http://youtu.be/37pgYGByOnI

this just got the blood pumpin!

BromBones
04-14-2011, 04:55 PM
You lucky son of a bitch.

Good luck.

Gateholio
04-14-2011, 05:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwGrC0KicSo

Substitute the "working guy" and the "visegrips and hammers " for "guns, binos and packs" for PG66 as a Hunter, and you will see why I don't want him to treat my pack as his own. If I've ever heard a song about PG66, this is it...

:) :)

yama49
04-14-2011, 05:31 PM
Wow congrats, i'm jealous also. Cant wait to hear the stories, and see the vids. Good luck on a monster

Manglinmike
04-14-2011, 05:42 PM
I think that I am really starting to hate you PG!!!!!! First the pig hunt -very cool ,then fall out of bed into a freakin browny hunt ,how many horse shoes fit up there?

bruin
04-14-2011, 05:55 PM
That's going to be incredible!! That's my dream hunt! Take lots and lots and lots of picks and video. (obviously!)

proguide66
04-14-2011, 05:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwGrC0KicSo

Substitute the "working guy" and the "visegrips and hammers " for "guns, binos and packs" for PG66 as a Hunter, and you will see why I don't want him to treat my pack as his own. If I've ever heard a song about PG66, this is it...

PFFFFT!...some MEN use their equipment and some BOYZ take cutsey pics of it...*****!:razz::razz::lol::lol::lol:

proguide66
04-14-2011, 06:01 PM
That's going to be incredible!! That's my dream hunt! Take lots and lots and lots of picks and video. (obviously!)
I'm on it Dude!!!..already started a video chronicle of the whole issue...from my reaction at being 'informed' two days before 'landing' in Anchorage and will film all till the end!!..wich hopefully doesnt come with an ariplane engine and pilot passing through my torso:shock:

kennyj
04-14-2011, 06:07 PM
Sounds awesome Steve. Good luck and have fun.
kenny

bowhunterbruce
04-14-2011, 07:16 PM
hunt of a lifetime is an understatement,i would consider taking my bow along and seeing as there is already going to be an extra gun or 2 there i probably would be all over it.
hey pg ,don't you own a bow,after all i have seen some pretty good long distance groups of yours on a thread.
http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq155/proguide66/91yardarcherygroup.jpg

proguide66
04-14-2011, 09:21 PM
I have been thinking about the bow today as well.Its hard enough just to get my clothing together right now , taking a breather here.. I dont have enough arrows and havent shot since the fall.I took my bow into the Tat. for grizz last time but never came on the right set up....the thought gets the goose bumps goin though! If I had more than 24hrs to get ready I woulda took it for sure....leaving in the am tomarrow , found out this am...back to packing I go!

killman
04-14-2011, 09:34 PM
lucky dude. Have Fun, come back in one piece. :)

todbartell
04-14-2011, 09:38 PM
borrowing a rifle? good luck Steve! looking forward to the vids

killman
04-14-2011, 09:47 PM
borrowing a rifle? good luck Steve! looking forward to the vids

You offering up the new "King"??

proguide66
04-14-2011, 09:48 PM
Ya,my buddies bringing me one , will either be a 338 lapua or a 375. Will be shooting a right handed gun as I shot left..minor thing to bitch about considering! Deffinitely not enough time to get the' silly permit shit' going for a gun from here to there! I cant wait to terrorize the guide! FINALLY MY TURN! " when we going to see one Mr Guide?" or " what? we have to walk up THERE???" or , " could you cut the crusts off my sandwich" how about " I'll wait here , you hike up there and look for me" hahahaaaaaaaaa...this outta be good!:twisted:

todbartell
04-14-2011, 09:56 PM
haha..have fun. Dont eat the hashbrowns~! :mrgreen:

Gateholio
04-14-2011, 11:55 PM
Still insanely jealous...But I am so stoked for PG66's opportunity...

This is gonna be GOOD hunt. Be interesting for the consummate guide to be GUIDED. :)

** What I mean by this is that PG66 is always *guiding*....No matter what hunt we go out for- bear, deer, moose- even if it is his *turn* to shoot,he is always guiding.....pointing out interesting stuff, good strategy, etc....

Always VERY FUN to hunt with PG66! :)

Be very interesting to hear his observations about being guided.....:)

proguide66
04-15-2011, 08:03 PM
This is deffinitely interesting and giving me a taste of the 'other side' of what the guys who come up north go through.
I havent a clue what I am in for , packing loads of shit , wondering if I forgot anything , need anything , have too much? I find myself wondering what my guide is going to be like?? in shape? experienced? able to hold a conversation or have a mouth full of chew talking like a dumbass? whats the food gonna be like? ect ect..kinda weird having all these thoughts....going to be wild. Will start videoing tomarrow...bush camp Sun am...

srupp
04-15-2011, 09:17 PM
Hmmm looked at the site..some decent bears....the spring bears really offer the best chance @ a well furred brown bear...and they do have a serious selection of color phases from almost Toklat to chocolat brown...the snow hunting in early early spring can be very productive...I was not aware of this outfit...the video of the Dick Rohr area is much more familliar to me..lol even using the distressed/dying rabbit call to get em in close...

GOOD LUCK STEVE...be safe and take LOTS of video..and get a HAWG of a bear...ever notice that the "luckiest" guys always seem to be the hardest working...

cheers

Steven

ps when it comes down to it.... look for DARK color on those bears...hint hint...

Mtnhunter
04-15-2011, 09:53 PM
Good Luck Steve! Hope you get a NICE one!!!!

Laurence_Erickson
04-15-2011, 10:40 PM
Congrats steve it should be an interesting hunt for you .I do kinda feel for your guide as I am thinking he is in for a workout :) .Good luck too the two of you . Looking forward to the story

proguide66
04-16-2011, 06:15 AM
Thanks for all the well wishes guys , we shall do our best! Shitty but kinda funny start so far. was woke around 5 am by the VERRY loud and quite inconsiderate NONSTOP asian banter out my f ing door...( 5 hrs sleep , 4 the previous night) so..once I realised I am NOW awake and kinda grumpy I decided to step out in the hallway in my gonch and yell VERY loudly " SHUUUUT THE F!@#$CK UUUUUPPP....4 pairs of eyes went quite round for a split second....:twisted:...I hate people who dont give a crap about noise in hotels.....onward.

.330 Dakota
04-16-2011, 06:34 AM
Congrats....lucky dog

srupp
04-16-2011, 07:42 AM
NOW THATS the way to wake up for a brown bear hunt..PISSED OFF AND ANGRY..kinda makes ya want to take it out on someone..or something....YA...lets go out and kill us something...lol,...

mean and angry is good...well at least a good start..

Good luck Steve...straight shooting

cheers
Steven

proguide66
04-16-2011, 08:19 AM
I agree , i kinda like being angry sometimes , haha...but its got worse.:evil:
The US customs guy ( who looked so gay he had a case of 'rod rash' around his lips) got visibly agitated when I said I was going hunting. They then threw me to the side and proceeded to hasle the shit out of me , even went to suggest I was going guiding and working illegally.
Note for readers , ABSOLUTE patience MUST be performed in a case like this as they were more than obviously hoping to get some kind of attitude outta me and an excuse to 'gong' my trip.
1 HR later and AFTER EVERYONE ELSE behind and infront of me ,they relunctantly let me pass...:evil:...no coffee yet , no food , now 'just' barely making my flight......GGGRRRRRRRRRR......feel like hunting the first customs guy when I get back to dish some well deserved 'discomfort payback'......

oh , and they summond my checked bags and ransacked everything.....

mark
04-16-2011, 09:06 AM
First of all, dam that seems like a cool trip!
Is it costing ya, or did you just get a VIP invite to fill the other guys void???

Gates that song is hilarious, how do ya find $h!t like that???

P.S. customs guys are just a bunch of "power tripping weenie idiots"

proguide66
04-16-2011, 09:49 AM
Seatac now.....I am filling in for a guy who got scared of snowshoes and sweat and cancelled two days before it was time to leave,trip already paid for.
NOTHING worse than people who have made it into a position of 'power' when they arent 'mentally' responsible to have be in that position...NOTHING!!!..seems all too common these days in day to day life.
Getting stoked...hrs away from mountains and remote life.......:mrgreen:

6 K
04-16-2011, 10:32 AM
Good luck Steve,
Can't wait for the vid when you get back.

luckynuts
04-16-2011, 10:34 AM
Steve find the inner calm:mrgreen: Things are looking up soon you will be up to your elbows and ears in bear hide! Good luck waiting anxiously for story and pics

Good luck and have a safe hunt

W.

hillclimber
04-16-2011, 12:29 PM
Thanks for all the well wishes guys , we shall do our best! Shitty but kinda funny start so far. was woke around 5 am by the VERRY loud and quite inconsiderate NONSTOP asian banter out my f ing door...( 5 hrs sleep , 4 the previous night) so..once I realised I am NOW awake and kinda grumpy I decided to step out in the hallway in my gonch and yell VERY loudly " SHUUUUT THE F!@#$CK UUUUUPPP....4 pairs of eyes went quite round for a split second....:twisted:...I hate people who dont give a crap about noise in hotels.....onward.

hahaha one of the funniest things I've heard in a while. Good luck on the hunt!!!

proguide66
04-16-2011, 05:13 PM
Made it ,holy SHIT this place has some mountains! Sunny flight up , coast was unreal. Glacier city up here and the ocean is full of ice chunks from them around Anchorage looks like pure mud with muddy icebergs...can easily tell its spring here with dirt streaks in the slopes .ground level is bare but maybe 100yrds higher is snow...this is gonna be good!

pg83
04-17-2011, 08:42 AM
Sounds like you are going to have an amazing adventure. Can't wait for the pics, video, and story. Best of luck and enjoy!

Johnnybear
04-20-2011, 05:03 PM
X2 big time!!!

I don't know how I missed this thread. Good luck and have a blast Steve!!!

Gateholio
04-20-2011, 05:07 PM
They called me via Sat phone the other day....No bears yet but they did see 2 female cross country skiers wearing nothing but their ski boots and toques. :wink:

WesHarm
04-20-2011, 05:13 PM
pics or it didnt happen ;P hahaha Sounds like there having a blast!

Gateholio
04-23-2011, 12:52 AM
Seems as if PG66 broke a bone in his left hand (he is left handed) in a sled accident. The "on call" medic they contacted via sat phone said that he could tough it out a few days longer if the swelling didnt' get too great, and if his hand looked fairly normal (no bones sticking out) So he is icing (snowing) it down for relief, elevating it and wrapping it in a tensor (loosely) to immobilize. They have seen a few bears (giant bears) but haven't' had a shot at one yet.

Hopefully they gitrdun inthe next fw days and PG66 can come home, see a Dr, and ice his hand with an ice cold Kokanee...;)

Johnnybear
04-23-2011, 12:09 PM
Seems as if PG66 broke a bone in his left hand (he is left handed) in a sled accident. The "on call" medic they contacted via sat phone said that he could tough it out a few days longer if the swelling didnt' get too great, and if his hand looked fairly normal (no bones sticking out) So he is icing (snowing) it down for relief, elevating it and wrapping it in a tensor (loosely) to immobilize. They have seen a few bears (giant bears) but haven't' had a shot at one yet.

Hopefully they gitrdun inthe next fw days and PG66 can come home, see a Dr, and ice his hand with an ice cold Kokanee...;)

Thanks for the update GH. That's sucks and I hope PG66 is doing ok. He seems like a tough guy and besides he only needs his index finger to pull the trigger!

Noname
04-23-2011, 12:48 PM
Quick question.. First sounds lilke an awesome hunt cant wait for the pics. But will ALL of the Bashing of american coming up here to hunt should there be some bashing of heading to the states and hunting thier game? Just saying when it the other way around 80+% would bash any american for "stealing bc"s game from the local residents"? As you know and can see from any of my past post I defend both ways.. So Just asking? Best of luck pro guide. I'll be heading up to fairbanks in Sept for moose and Brown.. Cant wait to hear how your hunt turns out.

Gateholio
04-23-2011, 01:14 PM
Quick question.. First sounds lilke an awesome hunt cant wait for the pics. But will ALL of the Bashing of american coming up here to hunt should there be some bashing of heading to the states and hunting thier game? Just saying when it the other way around 80+% would bash any american for "stealing bc"s game from the local residents"? As you know and can see from any of my past post I defend both ways.. So Just asking? Best of luck pro guide. I'll be heading up to fairbanks in Sept for moose and Brown.. Cant wait to hear how your hunt turns out.

My view is that if you want to discuss this topic, you should start a thread on it, rather than hijack a thread about bear hunting.

Noname
04-23-2011, 01:31 PM
Hey Gate youre right my intention was not to hijack this tread? If you like you can delete that post. I dont like to start sh*t on treads. It was just a thought that came to mind when reading how supportive people were of someone hunting in the state and how the oppisite is true when reversed. Once again you were right no hijack was intended.. Thanks gate.

Gateholio
04-23-2011, 01:39 PM
It's an interesting topic and oddly enough, I have an opinion on that, too. ;)

So feel free to start another thread on the topic...

Caveman
04-23-2011, 01:46 PM

I didn't r-eread this entire thing but if memory serves me right he went as a buddy for back up, as the original buddy, from Alabama backed out. He didn't book this trip and would not have gone on it without the invite to accompany his buddy from the states to the states. Valid question, but as Gate said, a question for a thread of its own. IMHO!

Gilmore
04-23-2011, 01:46 PM
I'd prefer to bash PG66 right here!!

Johnnybear
04-27-2011, 08:32 PM
Any more word of what's happening? Have you talked to PG66 lately Gatehouse?

proguide66
04-27-2011, 09:10 PM
EPIC FAIL......in Anchorage hotel room at moment trying not to comit suicide...video and pics to follow in a few days..uuuugh...

WesHarm
04-27-2011, 09:21 PM
Good luck with the digits PG66!! Hope you get to ice'er down with a good many cold ones!!

ThinAir
04-27-2011, 09:23 PM
Yikes PG66.... sounds like you have some stories to tell?!
Eagerly awaiting.

Gateholio
04-27-2011, 09:24 PM
He's back in Anchorage. No bear. Didn't sound like the food was real good, either. Looks like this was the best meal they had all trip. And they had it over and over and over....

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/228705_10150164745260880_556330879_7261569_2352942 _n.jpg

proguide66
04-27-2011, 09:50 PM
The pic of my plate makes me queezy...still to scared to fart!
Here's a 'quick' hunt summary..too tired to do much more at the moment.
scores out of possible '10'.

food 0
outfitter equipment 5
enthusiasm of guide 4
plane support 2
game sightings 3
guides gear 7
early starts 3
guide decisions 4
scenery 10+
pain and suffering 10
laugh attacks 9
sightings of mature animals 1
Loss of large amounts of $$ from our bank accounts 10
Guides using OUR rangefinders, spotters , binos and tripods 10+
guide 'mysteriously' loosing my new Loepold rangefinder " on the mountain" and me finding it in a small container in his pack 4 days later 10+
sightings of planes spotting dens on snow fields to direct gangs of snowmobile gun toting locals to go run down and kill whats in them 10+
promised 'program' of how hunt would go via outfitters mouth before hunt -5(thats MINUS FIVE)
sighting of two 20'something' hard body half naked girls cross country skiing in the middle of nowhere 10+:mrgreen:
over all, fist time ever going hunting and wondering why its taking soo long to end :cry:!
My partner and I had loads of laughs though , most at the expense of the the hunt.
Took loads of pics and video , will put something together later as I am still stuck in Anchorage!:-|

yama49
04-27-2011, 09:56 PM
Wow, doesnt sound all that Great.... So you got to experince being guided, and what not to do. lol Shitty on guides misplacing your euipment. lol Cant wait to see the pics and hear the whole stories.. Hope you still enjoyed being there...

Brambles
04-27-2011, 09:57 PM
Egad, I hope you went all "jelvis" on that guides ass for stealing your rangefinder, you know, Bas Rutin front groin kick style.

leadpillproductions
04-27-2011, 09:59 PM
The range finder thing sucks did u confront him for tring to rip you off. Just horse $hit, i would mention it to the owner of outfitter .

mark
04-27-2011, 10:11 PM
Sounds like a shitty hunt experience.....maybe a nice place to go X country ski-ing! :)

kootenayelkslayer
04-27-2011, 10:16 PM
Sounds rough! Must be weird going from being 'the guide' to being 'the client'. Doesn't sound like it was a good experience in this case.

BCbillies
04-27-2011, 10:29 PM
We all like our smokies but c'mon . . . no sauerkraut on those bad boys! When a guy spends big $$$ and the hunt goes sideways I don't think this outfit will be getting rave reviews. This story sounds like an epic adventure of the wrong variety. :( See my sig line below!

MOG
04-28-2011, 04:15 AM
Terribly sorry to hear that you had such a crap time.

Best of luck with the season ahead.

Regards,

MOG

calvin L
04-28-2011, 06:52 AM
I thought I read a past post that pg66 broke his hand in a sled crash . I think the guide's name must have been sled and his left hand cashed into his jaw . (I hope ) can't wait to see the visual report

calvin L

elkdom
04-28-2011, 07:31 AM
the only things missing in this story is some Banjo pickin and " can somebody squeal like a pig ?",

I think if a caught the guy stealing my gear I would thump him upside the head !

do you happen to have the GPS co-ordinates for the topless ski area handy ???

moosinaround
04-28-2011, 07:37 AM
Egad, I hope you went all "jelvis" on that guides ass for stealing your rangefinder, you know, Bas Rutin front groin kick style.

Sorry bout the trip proguide66, but Brambles that is some funny Jelvis quotes!! Laughing my arse off!!!

weatherby_man
04-28-2011, 07:57 AM
Wow, that sucks!!! Paying good money for a bad trip is very frustrating.

Well we sure hope to see the pics of the ski bunnies at least!!

luckynuts
04-28-2011, 12:21 PM
Shitty Deal Steve. Hope the laughs were good ones. Stealing your range finder was just bad jew jew. It will come around and bite him in the ass "pun intended". Like everyone else can't wait for vid.

W.

Coming_out_heavy.
04-28-2011, 05:11 PM
HAHAHAHAH jeezuz man. Thats bushleague. I like the critique, especially the rangefinder in the container trick. Thats fist fight material right there... Scenery looked great though! I'm going in the mountains via my feet for 6 days, and I'll be eating better than you did Steve! Pretty sure I won't be seeing any naked skiers though.... I'll take pics and video!

Gilmore
04-28-2011, 06:03 PM
guide 'mysteriously' loosing my new Loepold rangefinder " on the mountain" and me finding it in a small container in his pack 4 days later 10+

What were you doing in his pack?:mrgreen:

Slee
04-28-2011, 06:13 PM
What were you doing in his pack?:mrgreen:

Probably looking for a rangefinder!

Johnnybear
04-28-2011, 07:08 PM
Sounds like an "interesting" trip PG66. Sorry to hear about your hand and all the antics! At least you went, you were there, and you tried. That right there is another experience. Not all was lost.

Look forward to some pics and video if you are so inclined to post them up. Thanks for this thread and sharing your experience with us. That's what this site is all about.

proguide66
04-28-2011, 08:39 PM
Probably looking for a rangefinder!
BINGO!;-)

I can give the guy the benefit of doubt..but..I made sure nothing was left on the slope , I never lent it to him and he took it from the cabin without asking.4 days later he was kinda 'quick' on saying he might "owe me a rangefinder" ...we know he wouldnt be running to the store to buy or ship me a new $450.00US leopold anytime too soon after I flew out....I KNEW it was in the pack and retrieved it.
The hunt was 'different' to what a home grown BC boy is used to after hunting here all his life.I appreciate the experience,sights ect and am in debt to my freind for bringing me along.
Everyone hunts different , each has different methods and attitudes towards comfort , encouraging and showing interest in the hunt.
I try not to compare his outfitt to the ones I have been at as it isnt really fair.
Stone Mountain safaris is top of the line.We take care to the smallest detail,are all avid hunters and stoked to be out there.Each camp has a cook who makes fresh bread daily , meals are better than home , guides and equipment are top notch as it should be.
Personally when my hunters arrive I tell them from the very first moment that they are going to have a riot , get a chance at a great trophy and I never waste a moment in trying to create that experience and always pull through.
Sadly , this hunt I felt everything was not very organised , I couldnt tell if my guide ( as well the outfiter) really liked bear hunting or not and had to ask him.( he loves guideing for sheep for sure).And much time was wasted , some great opportunities were not persued and we only got up early the last morning I was there .
I will load up a few pics and have made a small video of the 'END' for now as I am killing time in my hotel room...will have much better video to get the full flavour across later!
They do thigns 'different' up here.They fly with NUMEROUS bush planes spotting fresh dens then send in the snowmobiles to sit and shoot em.Bush planes up here can only be described as our quads to us...EVERYONE has one.
We were 'supposed' to have a plane flying each day looking for dens while we were dropped off at other ones with a camp,snowshoes and were to hike to one , set up and wait.If it was not a shooter the plane was to drop us off at another one...EACH DAY..apperantly.
Turns out 8 to 10 planes were patrolling our 'small area' while we ripped around on faulty sleds looking from the ground...as expected if there WAS a fresh den, by the time we found it the local sled tracks told the story...too late for us..once again......
The outfitter had to rely on a fellow outfitter for air support and we constantly were in shortage of fuel to the point the last day I was there we had no fuel to get out on the sleds.
Total we saw 6 bears if one 5lb cub counts , one adult female the others 3 year olds.
If I were to do it again it would be fall and on my feet in the bush HUNTING...but thats just me.:mrgreen:
Heres some pics....

proguide66
04-28-2011, 08:45 PM
http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq155/proguide66/brownbear2011026.jpg
http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq155/proguide66/alaskabbear2011009.jpg

http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq155/proguide66/bearhunt2011009.jpg

http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq155/proguide66/brownbear2011037.jpg
http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq155/proguide66/brownbear2011032.jpg

Rattler
04-28-2011, 08:46 PM
Too bad about the hunt....although the skiing sounds like it could be fun....

proguide66
04-28-2011, 08:46 PM
http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq155/proguide66/brownbear2011051.jpg

http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq155/proguide66/bbearalaska2011004.jpg

http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq155/proguide66/002-6.jpg

http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq155/proguide66/brownbear2011008.jpg

http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq155/proguide66/brownbear2011008.jpg

proguide66
04-28-2011, 08:49 PM
http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq155/proguide66/brownbear2011012.jpg
http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq155/proguide66/alaska2011bb016.jpg

http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq155/proguide66/alaska2011bb015.jpg

http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq155/proguide66/alaska2011bb018.jpg

Last pic is me haming it up as a corpse in a den.:-D

proguide66
04-28-2011, 08:56 PM
One more thing .The WORST part was seeing the very HOT girls giggleing topless in undies at us...scrambled for the cam corder and had it all quite clear.....WAS ON STANDBY INSTEAD OF RECORD......AAAAAARRRRRRRGGHH....never again will this happen...never...:cry::cry::cry::icon_frow
This was probably more a rare sighting than a dmaned sasquatch while hunting!

moosinaround
04-28-2011, 09:00 PM
One more thing .The WORST part was seeing the very HOT girls giggleing topless in undies at us...scrambled for the cam corder and had it all quite clear.....WAS ON STANDBY INSTEAD OF RECORD......AAAAAARRRRRRRGGHH....never again will this happen...never...:cry::cry::cry::icon_frow
This was probably more a rare sighting than a dmaned sasquatch while hunting!
Still pictures work too???!!!!:0

proguide66
04-28-2011, 09:08 PM
http://youtu.be/FK5scfjjmy4

yama49
04-28-2011, 09:45 PM
Thx for pic and video.. One ? how was there TIP :mrgreen:

sarg
04-28-2011, 11:16 PM
sh*tty deal about ur trip man, but you must be stocked to get out for a good old bc hunt.:)

srupp
04-29-2011, 11:10 AM
Sorry to hear about the pathetic guiding and shitty gear and horrible experience...lol google hunting Bc horror stories...sometimes shit happens..sorry it happened to you

Hows the hand??? Good on you for hanging in there..

HOWEVER there are NO excuses for not having photos and videos of the hardbody skiers....sheeeesh

cheers

Steven

proguide66
04-29-2011, 11:56 AM
Yah,shit happens , gotta expect it now and again...frustrating when you cant take control of your own direction and go for it....
The swelling finally went down , was actually freking us out a bit.Theres still pain and 'something' not right in there,haha.
My partner stuck it out two more days and should be out in minutes.He sat phoned me to tell me they were sitting on a "7ft black bear" ..thankfully he didnt shoot it as the northern b bears are dinks and I can get him a BIG one at home if he wants one. He also said while they left their glassing position to get closer ( after sitting for a while) , they came back to see large brown bear tracks in theirs...:evil:..had they stayed they woulda had a chance if it was a gooder!
Seen a full mount of a 9.5 ft'r in a mall here...my god they are huge sons of bitches , could rug the whole house with one!

srupp
04-29-2011, 01:08 PM
looking forward to more photos and videos.....lol when Tim harvested his 9'6" coastal bear he could hardly believe the size and weight..different head shape for sure the coastal Alaskan browns sure do come wide headed..

Get that hand looked at MR.!!!
Thanks for taking us along on the adventure..

cheers
Steven

Gilmore
04-29-2011, 01:11 PM
The swelling finally went down...

Good thing...because that place ain't gonna roof itself!!:twisted:

Gateholio
04-29-2011, 01:14 PM
Good thing the swelling went down because he needs it for hand practice.

proguide66
04-29-2011, 01:23 PM
Good thing the swelling went down because he needs it for hand practice.

hey , maybe you can try to keep your comments to at least a 80 iQ score on here,can ya manage?:lol::lol::roll:

proguide66
04-29-2011, 02:23 PM
Partners out , he said the two guys spent the evening telling him how broke and how bad $$ it was for them up here:roll:..that about summed up chances of recieving a tip!
joel also said they got him on a balckbear wich they said was "7ft"..I just watched the video...omg...thank GOD he didnt shoot it asI have bears 3 times the size walking on my damned porch and crawling around Gilmores barn!:roll:
Now Joels out we will pool our footage and make a cool video....i'm already looking into fall brown bear hunts:twisted:...

Bighorn hunter
04-29-2011, 03:50 PM
Partners out , he said the two guys spent the evening telling him how broke and how bad $$ it was for them up here:roll:..that about summed up chances of recieving a tip!
joel also said they got him on a balckbear wich they said was "7ft"..I just watched the video...omg...thank GOD he didnt shoot it asI have bears 3 times the size walking on my damned porch and crawling around Gilmores barn!:roll:
Now Joels out we will pool our footage and make a cool video....i'm already looking into fall brown bear hunts:twisted:...

Same outfitter?:)

proguide66
04-29-2011, 03:52 PM
Ya , same guide,same camp...I left early...HAD TO!..will post the video of the black bear they saw and the guide told Joel it was a "7ft'r"..let you guys be the judge.

JoelC
04-29-2011, 06:13 PM
Here you go one of the videos that I took up in Alaska on mine and PG66 hunt. The guide said this was a 7ft black bear but i couldnt decide so I decided not to shoot. What do you guys think, PG66 wanted me to post this to get your reactions.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn4uAF3qkl4

bowhunterbruce
04-29-2011, 06:51 PM
definatly not a 7 ftr.imo

Gateholio
04-29-2011, 06:57 PM
Not a 7fter. Ears on the top of his head like a doggy. :)

yama49
04-29-2011, 07:18 PM
Tough to tell with that video, but there isnt much room between the ears.

srupp
04-29-2011, 07:23 PM
definatley NOT a 7 footer.....

cheers
Steevn

Everett
04-29-2011, 08:13 PM
Nice looking meat bear sure aint 7 feet look at his ears for crying out loud. I have left bear skins that big in the bush. Your guides sound real lame.

Bighorn hunter
04-30-2011, 09:51 AM
Ya , same guide,same camp...I left early...HAD TO!..will post the video of the black bear they saw and the guide told Joel it was a "7ft'r"..let you guys be the judge.

I ment are you planning your fall hunt with the same outfitter?:)

proguide66
04-30-2011, 05:25 PM
I ment are you planning your fall hunt with the same outfitter?:)
' Once bitten' !!!...tempting to go for a Dall..we are doping research on more organised outfitts.
I am loading a large awesome video , will be verry cool...but will be a while as its 18 minutes!

Stone Sheep Steve
04-30-2011, 05:35 PM
M-I-C-K-E-Y,,,,, M...O..U...S....E.

Video was pretty shakey but those ears should have been on the sides of his head.

Good job on the "pass".

Maybe feed that bear potatoes for another 6 yrs and then shoot him!:wink:

SSS

proguide66
05-04-2011, 05:22 PM
Heres a small clip , more to come later as I am having trouble putting a large hunt video together...

http://youtu.be/MpahJsA2Zzk

luckynuts
05-07-2011, 10:10 AM
Thanks for posting the story and vids guys. Wow sorry to hear about such a lame hunt. Good choice in NOT shooting the black bear Joel. Love the bear den you were crouching in Steve Did you knock first to see if anybody was home:lol: or was it where the bear was digging for roots and shit? I need to get a pair of speakers out here so I can listen to the commentary I'm sure It would brighten my day up a bit.

Have you been out scouting for blackies yet? just seen my first one yesterday up here.

W.

proguide66
05-15-2011, 02:33 PM
Hey Wade , just read this now!..nope , no chasin blackies for me..shall see. You HAVE to get speakers , WTF !!?oops...screwed up the new video..will try agin later.....they knocked off the sound..buggers